Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A bit late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locke421
    replied
    Yea, as long as there are ways to order the books its fine
    thanks again for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Sorry about the difficulties. The books stay in print, at least in rotation, in the UK, but Tales, for instance, was a small press (Mojo) publication and isn't easily available in the UK, for instance. My agent is holding off offering the books to a new US publisher for the time being, until he thinks the time's right. I don't much mind this, especially since people who REALLY want them can get them via Jayde or Amazon UK or second hand, and I'm still deciding whether I want them published in the omnibus editions or put them back into their single editions. I pushed heavily for the omnibus editions in the early 90s, even though it meant a serious loss of revenue (essentially selling three or four books for the price of one), but I suspect the single volumes will be more attractive to a new generation of readers. Time will tell. Meanwhile, Jayde and Co are there.

Leave a comment:

• Locke421
    replied
    Thank you both for replying!
    45 views and 2 replys hah.
    I see now that I could have just clicked on "bibliography" to get a general idea of the reading order so thanks for replying to my lazy post.

Mr. M, I e mailed jayde design about finding some of your books (which can be a very hard task aparently) and Im looking foward to checking out the eternal champion series next.
    Also I have ordered a copy of "tiger, tiger," (the stars my destination) which you mentioned. Im always looking to read good books (I plan on writing at least one novel during my lifetime)
    so suggestions are very welcome from all.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks. Berry. Thanks, Mike. If you want to read an Elric western, you can check out Tales from the Texas Woods, too! Most of the westerns I wrote were for comics. Tales contains one of the juvenile westerns I did in my Johnny Lonesome series, when I was a teenager. The Skrayling Tree, currently the latest Elric novel, has a lot of stuff about Indians, however! A comic version of Return of The White Wolf is currently in Time Centre Times. I'm not sure if that's still on line or not. Anyone know ?

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Read this thread. This thread is very Eternal Champion centric.

[broken link]

The bibliography will provide you with a life time worth of reading material:

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Locke421
    started a topic A bit late

A bit late

Hello all
    I just recently discovered Mr.Moorcock's Elric saga.. I know I know.. Im late. Its a shame I did not know about him sooner. After reading the saga (starting with Elric, ending with stormbringer) is there a recommended reading order I can find? Also I heard something about MM writing westerns?!?! is that true or am i misinformed? I am always looking for a good western to read.

Incase you are reading this Mr.Moorcock I would like to say I think its amazing that you visit these forums and converse with the people here. Its rare to find authors willing to give up their time to do so.

Thanks,
    Mike K
Working...
X