Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer and Mournblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer and Mournblade

Oh! OHH! Look, look!!! Drool...

http://www.spellowhouse.com/hw_swords.php

I am very seriously tempted!!

Raven Armoury website has Mournblade as 'coming soon'.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I contacted Spellow House to check! They say Stormbringer is ready and Mournblade is too. Raven just haven't updated their web site yet. Spellow House have a special arrangement with Raven to get a sword made in 16 weeks rather than the normal 1+ year ( I am not supposed to tell you that, they said it was not supposed to be generally known). I am guessing the reason for that is something to do with the rumours I have heard about Raven. They are very much in demand, very, very busy, and delays often happen. Spellow House, as a go between, probably wanted more assurances of delivery times, I suppose. Anyway, I drivel on, sorry, I am just excited at the prospect of buying a sword.

Last edited by TheProwler; 08-18-2008, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Why did my post move?
        ( Only wondering. Trying to work out what to post where..)

Comment

Originally posted by TheProwler View Post
          Why did my post move?
          ( Only wondering. Trying to work out what to post where..)
          I moved it because Tanelorn Rolls is the forum for off-topic posts, and although your post wasn't a Question (as such) I thought the Q&A was a more appropriate place for it (since it might generate some questions, like, "Mike, do you get a complementary copy and if so, will you need to build a new broom cupboard to store it in (since it's probably not safe to put Mournblade in the same cupboard as Stormbringer)?"

We have a team of diligent moderators here who will help move posts to the most appropriate place, so while we try to keep Q&A for Qs & As, don't worry too much about posting something in the wrong forum/thread for the time being.
          _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
          _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
          _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
          _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Ok! :-)

Comment

Hmm, I see that there are only 250 of Stormbringer and only 50 of Mournblade.

Now, I am very curious to see what the other swords and artifacts look like!

What I really want to know is, where can I buy a flame-lance?

I would not mind having a collection of (full size) Granbretan masks, come to think of it....

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
              - Michael Moorcock

Comment

At that price, I am not that surprised that there are so few. But then they are hand made from scratch, so I suppose they are going to be expensive.

Comment

Ok one word,

EXPENSIVE id pay 300 dollars maybe 350 for this, but NOT 6462.98!! UNLESS it actually came complete with Demon Lord and powers!

Comment

That's why there are still Stormbringers available...

They've been out for a while, but the cost is too steep for most people. Besides, I know Mike approved of it as a replica, but it is too short and not imposing enough for my taste- Stormbringer is supposed to be about 5' long, and my favorite depiction has for several years at least been the version Elric is holding on the cover of the "Tales of the White Wolf" compendium. Just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Champ_Et View Post
                      They've been out for a while, but the cost is too steep for most people. Besides, I know Mike approved of it as a replica, but it is too short and not imposing enough for my taste- Stormbringer is supposed to be about 5' long, and my favorite depiction has for several years at least been the version Elric is holding on the cover of the "Tales of the White Wolf" compendium. Just my opinion...

Ya I agree I rememeber that picture

Comment

Originally posted by Champ_Et View Post
                        On the matter of Stormbringer's length, the following thread from 2004 may interest you:

How tall is Elric if Stormbringer's 5ft?

Note also Mike's comment that:

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                        It was Jim Cawthorn who pointed out originally that the sword couldn't be worn at the hip, unless it jutted out behind Our Hero at a rather unwieldy angle. I stopped giving the measurement of the sword thereafter, but that measurement remains (though I'm not sure in all editions). The sword I have (brilliantly made by Raven Armory) is about four foot six. I'll get it out sometime and measure it, if you like. I'm inclined to keep it in the broom cupboard since every time I remove it I am doomed to use it and frankly I'm sick of chopping logs for the bloody fire.
                        Last edited by The Cosmic Balance; 08-28-2008, 12:51 PM.
                        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

That's pretty much in line with what I remembered...

If the Raven Armory sword is that big, then I guess it's okay, it just doesn't look that big in the pictures. Besides, we all speculatively picture things described in books in our own mind's eye, and even from the same descriptions, would come up with a wide diversity of images, don't you think? I personally like the version I mentioned, but would probably buy one of the licensed swords if money was no object- but if money was no object, I'd probably just have a one-off made to my specifications, lol.

Comment

As a historical fencer and amature swordsmith, I would like to point out that 4'6" is a bloody big sword, Highland Claymors are only 50-54 inches.

Comment

When one measures the length of a sword, do you refer to the blade length, or tip to pommel?

Comment

Working...
                              X