Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Thank you Mr. Moorcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Mr. Moorcock

Thank you Mr Moorcock for such a wonderful piece of writing. I just finished the Dreamtheifs Daughter and was completely mesmerized through the entire story. Ive not read any of the VonBek characters with the exception of who was in the Dragon in the Sword. The VonBek family is interesting and I thought Ulric was great. It was easy to take to him right away. Writing from his point of view was genius. THEN seeing it from Elrics point of view was such a treat!!! That just stunned me. To see things from Elrics point of view, things going on in his mind was something I could only hope to have a chance to see. What a wonderful inside look at their magic and the dragons and just how he was (I cant think of any other way to put it). I felt Elric was in such rare form dialog wise. He was great ^_^ Seeing the daughter only hinted at, at the end of Fortress of the Pearl was a treat as well. I was apprehensive on how she would be but I was not disappointed. I really liked the way Elric was with her. And I found it very fascinating how Melnoboneans are supposed to be with their children and yet Elric chose not to be. I thought that was very nice. How he was with her was just right.

Im looking for a copy of Skrayling Tree now. I have to read the next one as soon as I can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS for writing, for me, one of the best stories Ive ever read!!!!!!!!!!! That story keeps company with a few others you have written as favorite stories ever :P

One question though. I thought Stormbringer was a ‘male’. Ravenbrand was referred to as a ‘she’ and then later Stormbringer was as well. Was this just how the characters chose to interpret the sword in its two incarnations in this event or have I been missing something the whole time? (as in Stormbringer being a female)
    Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Actually Stormbringer is probably neuter, and it's up to the perception of various users of the Black Sword to impart a gender.
    Thanks so much for your kind words. I do my best!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I have to agree.W all thank you for a wonderful,original series of books.Many a grueling night of work has gone by mercifully fast with the aid of your books.Keep up the good work!! 8) :D

Comment

Haven't had the time to read Dreamthief's daughter yet, so I'll just add my thanks on a general basis.

Thank you thank you thank you for all you've done through the years to make lifr here in the far north just a little bit more enjoyable, or, wait a minute, a big great enormous heap more enjoyable!

Comment

Working...
        X