Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Help me Obi-Won Your Our Only Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Obi-Won Your Our Only Hope

[color=#444444][/color] Dear Mr. Moorcock

Hello, I Found this web site and excuse me for being skeptical that this is really you but I thought that you would be the best to help me on a long quest that I have not completed as of yet. I’m 28 years old and when I was 13 years old I picked up my 1st moorcock book Elric of MelniBon’e from there ive been reading the Elric Saga every years since here recently (about 3 Years Ago) I started to collect a set of collector books published by Archival press inc. first united states hardcover edition with art by Michael Whelan to my surprise I have not had much success I have managed to locate one The Vanishing Tower and now currently own a copy so ………. this leads me to you do you know how one could acquire such books please help …………..

“…and then did Elric leave Jharkor in
    pursuit of a certain sorcerer
    who had, so Elric Clamed,
    caused him some inconvenience…�

The Chronicle of the Black Sword

[email protected]
    [email protected]

hmmm

Good question I Will look on some sites for you or maybe someone else will replay

Comment

Try Jayde Design if you want some rare volumes of Michael's work and ABE books is a great resource too.

email John at Jayde Design
      JaydeDesign @Compuserve.com - note his advert in the bottom left corner of the page. I just recieved a 1st ed signed Stormbringer from him. Very nice for hard to find books. Michael always recommends him first.

ABE books has just about anything you need. They can get you just regular copies (or rare) of anything, it seems.
      http://www.abebooks.com/
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

I like the hunt of a good book. I go to used book stores and will be looking for hours... sometimes I come out with shit I never knew I could get ahold of. I live in the Eastern Bay Area (near oakland and Berkeley) and there are some killer book stores around here as well as in SF.

Comment

Only two books were done in that series. Unfortunately the first publisher was a junkie and ran off with all the subscriptions. The
          second one was taken over and finished by Archival, but that project
          collapsed, also. The only other special edition was The Dreamthief's Daughter with work by Gould and several others. A beautiful edition,
          but not in the same set.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I ordered the hardcover of the Vanishing Tower recently through Abebooks.com. It cost me about 30 usd including shipping.
            I am gonna be very happy when it gets here! :)
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Thank you any sugestions on hardcover Elric books

Comment

Working...
              X