Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

This is for Mr. Moorcock(from Fantasy Foundation Publishing in Taiwan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for Mr. Moorcock(from Fantasy Foundation Publishing in Taiwan)

Mr. Moorcock,

I am the editor of Fantasy Foundation Publishing in Taiwan.
    We published Science and Fantasy Fictions and had a website for readers who like reading SF novels.(http://www.ffoundation.com.tw)

We'v got the Traditional Chinese copyright of the Eternal Champion series : "Elric of Melnibone", "The fortress of the Pearl" and "the Sailor on the Seas of fate", and plan to publish in Feb, 2007.

I want to introduce your books to our readers so much and hope they will like these stories as I do.
    I hope that we could invite you to write a prologue to say hello to readers in Tawain and maybe you would like to tell them what the Elric saga means to you.

Otherwise, I would appreciate it if you could offer your photograph for us ( maybe by email) to put it in the book to make readers more familiar with you.

I look forward to getting your reply soon.
    If you have any further questions, please email to me: [email protected]

Thank you so much.

Best regards,
    Fanny

Thanks, Fanny. I'm delighted Elric is at last making into Traditional Chinese. I'm very much looking forward to seeing those editions. Linda's probably already sent you a picture and I'll be writing to you about an intro.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Mr. Moorcock,

We are also delighted that Fantasy Foundation can get the chance to publishing Elric.
      Elric Saga is very enchanting.

Thanks for your reply.
      I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
      Fanny

Comment

I finally (after about 30 mins Googling) tracked down copies of the covers for the Elric novels Fantasy Foundation published in 2007 for the Image Hive.

Mike's introduction was published (in English) in the fith Del Rey volume, Elric In the Dream Realms.

It's a shame FFP don't appear to have continued the series after the third volume, The Sailor on the Seas of Fate, given that these volumes came out in 2007, however.
        Last edited by David Mosley; 08-20-2011, 09:23 AM.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Hey thats great that the mentioned books are being published in Taiwan. I love the covers too they remind of DVD covers (in a good way).

I hope the forum has some Taiwanese fans joining soon and sharing their perspective on the novels.
          Please Check out my Musical Dedication to work of Michael Moorcock

THE END OF ALL SONGS
          We are looking to collaborate with anybody else interested in making Moorcock themed music - contact me here or on soundcloud.

Comment

Working...
          X