Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Kull today and Elric soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    He's aiming to do nine interior paintings, too! Plus spots. All depends on how much he can do in the deadline. You're a good artist, too, H! So it's real praise coming from you.

Leave a comment:

• Hieronymus
    replied
    Picacio is a very good artist, I'm happy he paints the new covers

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I must look out for this one.
    Del Rey will be doing the Elrics in a similar format. I was talking with John Picacio today. He's doing the first one (to be called The Stealer of Souls and containing that book plus Stormbringer, plus some other non-fiction and maybe a Sojan story to show the progress, as it were, from ERB-derived early S&S to Elric). John has elaborate plans for full page illustrations and a lot of others. I think it's going to be a superb book and am very grateful for Del Rey wanting to do the series in this way. John's one of the very best artists working today and I'm lucky to have him as an enthusiastic collaborator on this. John said he didn't just want this to be a book -- he wanted it to be a monument! Makes me feel as excited as I was when I was first doing the stories.

Leave a comment:

• devilchicken
    replied
    Bloody Borders and Barnes and Noble didn't have it in - which shakes my faith in the ability to buy whatever you want in NYC (where you should really be able to buy anything).

Have one coming from Amazon - haven't read the Kull stuff (except for maybe 1 or 2 stories that are on another Howard anthology).

Leave a comment:

• Thongor
    started a topic Kull today and Elric soon!

Kull today and Elric soon!

Picked up the Del Rey Kull volume tonight. I told several folks at my local comics shop that we'd soon have new illustrated versions of Mike's books from Del Rey too. Made a lot of folks very happy. I'm looking forward to digging into this one. Been a while since I read some of the Kull tales and this volume has some fragments I haven't seen before, plus a bunch of nifty features like the Conan and Solomon Kane Del Reys.
Working...
X