Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The real Stormbringer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real Stormbringer

About that black sword I've heard about and seen pictures of on this site... is that a real, custom made, hand forged, fully sharpened blade that could take a limb or two off with no effort, or just a crappy replica?

These comments from Mike in the past about the Stormbringer sword:

The Raven Armoury sword is the closest to my own idea of Stormbringer. It is a broadsword, two-handed, which handles like a foil. It is beautifully balanced, so can almost be used to fence with, one-handed, or swung two-handed to do serious chopping. Having no scabbard, I'm forced to keep it deep in the broomcupboard for fear of it attacking the cats...
    Stormbringer is so beautifully made (Raven Armory) that you could almost fence with it.
    The sword I have (brilliantly made by Raven Armory) is about four foot six. I'll get it out sometime and measure it, if you like. I'm inclined to keep it in the broom cupboard since every time I remove it I am doomed to use it and frankly I'm sick of chopping logs for the bloody fire.
    So, yep it's the real deal.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Ah yes, stormbringer... The blade of blades... I would love to have the real one, if it existed... But I would not trust it due to my ill luck...

The replica is just beautifully crafted... I would have thought it to be more like the way I thought Stormbringer to look, but it works...
      They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

Working...
      X