Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Soul Calibur's Nightmare and Elric Of Melnibone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Calibur's Nightmare and Elric Of Melnibone

Greetings comrades, what this topic is about, is Soul Calibur II... I take it all of you have played Soul Calibur, aye? Nightmare, the character with the large soul-sucking blade called: Soul Edge... He reminds me of Elric, not just the character, but the sword... It sucks the souls of others and sends some of its life-force into Nightmare... He gains strength when this occurs... The same with our fellow albino, he uses Stormbringer to gain souls, then Stormbringer sends some of the force into ELric... This is the same with Nightmare... Plus Nightmare's personality reminds me of Elric also... They are both not wicked, though they both tend to make themselves believe that they are... Elric tells Shaarilla that he is an evil man, but in reality he is someone who doesn't want this... This is almost the same with Nightmare... I do not care if anyone disagrees, tell me your full honest opinion...

I thank thee and fare thee well
    They're all true... Especially the lies.

Soul Calibur III has a character creation feature. The first character I created with it was Elric. He ended up playing a lot like Nightmare.

I agree that there is a large Elric influence in SC, though I don't think Nightmare is quite so tragic a figure as Elric.

Comment

Originally posted by Keele
      Soul Calibur III has a character creation feature. The first character I created with it was Elric. He ended up playing a lot like Nightmare.

I agree that there is a large Elric influence in SC, though I don't think Nightmare is quite so tragic a figure as Elric.

Ah, that I can agree on friend... Nightmare is less a tragic hero than Elric... I thank you for your comment...

May your days be dark and chaotic...
      They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

I made Elric in Soul Caliber III myself. I couldn't get Soul Edge though. I don't actually have that yet, but when I do Soul Caliber III is on my list.

Comment

Working...
        X