Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

So, what is the current situation with Elric RPGs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what is the current situation with Elric RPGs?

From the browsing I have done on this site so far, it seems there is some bad blood between Chaosium and MM re: the Various RPGs for the Moorcockian Multiverse.

I quite enjoyed the Original boxed edition Stormbringer, but didn't like the later versions of stormbringer, which were tamed down quite a lot in deadliness.

However, I'd love to see more stuff for Stormbringer (and Corum, Hawkmoon etc).

Does Chaosium still own the rights or is it in litigation or something?

BTW, Hi Mike, I've been a big fan of yours since I first read your books when I was 16 (about 1982).

Dammit, I typo'd the name of Elric in the thread title..
    Well, you know what I mean.

Comment

I've fixed your typo for you.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
        I've fixed your typo for you.

hehe, thanks :)

Comment

OK, well I'm looking forward to see what form any new RPG for your work will take.
          Can't wait to snap it up and give it a test drive..

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
            My agent suggests this is getting sorted out and we might see some better versions in the future.
            I can't tell you how pleased I am to here you say that.

Hapimeses.com

Comment

Who is going to be working on it?
              I assume it will be people who have an intimate knowledge of your material and experience with RPGs.

If you need any help working on the rpg.....*hint* *hint*......
              Last edited by danskmacabre; 09-15-2006, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre
                I assume it will be people who have an intimate knowledge of your material and experience with RPGs.
                Past experience has shown you should never assume anything.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                  Past experience has shown you should never assume anything.
                  Yeah ok, point taken.

Well here's a great opportunity to help ensure that won't happen.
                  There's a whole forum of potential beta testers and developers here.

Comment

After seeing ( and enjoying) the success of Eldar Scrolls IV on the Xbox 360, surely there is a market for an Elric/Multiverse RPG? Especially with the rich tapestry of material available.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                      My agent suggests this is getting sorted out and we might see some better versions in the future.
                      Mike -

I am both happy to hear this, but also approach it with some trepidation.
                      Can you elaborate some? Even in private?

Thanks,

Ian
                      Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
                      go to hell so that they will look forward to
                      making the trip.

Comment

I look forward to hearing further developments. I dream of a day when I can game in the multiverse free from the shadow of Chaosium.
                        Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Kommando
                          I dream of a day when I can game in the multiverse free from the shadow of Chaosium.
                          Well, allow me to differ
                          The 1st Edition Stormbringer was a really great game, that captured the true spirit of the Young Kingdoms !
                          A little bit too deadly maye to run a whole campaign, but me and my friends still play it, with those 1st Edition rules, we just toned down the deadliness of the fights a bit...

Comment

Working...
                          X