Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

K. E. Wagner and Elric

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • K. E. Wagner and Elric

    Did you know that K. E. Wagner wrote a novel with both his hero (kane) and elric?

    Did you read it?? What do you think about it???

    It would be great to know what Michael thinks about that...

    Gabriele

  • #2
    I think the item you're referring to is the short story The Gothic Touch, which appeared in the anthology Tales Of The White Wolf, which contained Elric stories written by other authors? Just checking
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

    Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

    Comment


    • #3
      I think you are referring to this book. I came across it in a random booshop some days ago. Unsure of what to make of it I decided not to get it for some inexplicable reason. I would love to hear what people think of that.

      Comment


      • #4
        interesting and some good stories ........

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eol
          I think you are referring to this book. I came across it in a random booshop some days ago. Unsure of what to make of it I decided not to get it for some inexplicable reason. I would love to hear what people think of that.
          I picked up a second-hand hardback copy of this a couple of years ago. There are some well-written Elric pieces in there. "White Wolf's Song" opens the collection (which had so much more resonance after re-reading it as part of the Second Ether series a couple of days ago). "One Life Furnished in Early Moorcock" is in there as well, which is probably my favourite Elric tribute (as well as being one of my favourite Gaiman stories) - a gentle, touching portait of the end of childhood. Tad William's "Go Ask Elric" is wonderful, and "The Littlest Stormbringer" struck me as pretty cool as well. It's worth getting hold of if you ask me.
          The name that can be named is not the true name.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you Kamelion,

            I will definetily check it out....I kinda regret now not buying when I spotted it :(

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eol
              I think you are referring to this book. I came across it in a random booshop some days ago. Unsure of what to make of it I decided not to get it for some inexplicable reason. I would love to hear what people think of that.
              nope, actually I read it on the following Wagner's book:
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Midnight-Sun...UTF8&s=gateway

              I suggest it, anyway....

              Gabriele.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gabriele
                nope, actually I read it on the following Wagner's book:
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Midnight-Sun...UTF8&s=gateway

                I suggest it, anyway....

                Gabriele.
                Cool. It looks like the story in that might well be "The Gothic Touch" after all, which is also collected in Tales of the White Wolf. The book on Amazon lists these: "The Gothic", "Touch Midnight Sun" (Poem). Looks like the title has been split - probably just a typo imho.
                The name that can be named is not the true name.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah, it's a Typo. Midnight Sun has all the Kane short stories, including Gothic Touch. It's a great collection.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Thongor
                    Yeah, it's a Typo. Midnight Sun has all the Kane short stories, including Gothic Touch. It's a great collection.
                    Yes, I feel I can suggest this book, it's very nice. Way off better than all the Shannara's Useless Saga, for instance...

                    ... unfortunately, S&S is full of craps :(

                    Gabriele

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gabriele
                      ... unfortunately, S&S is full of craps
                      Which is odd, because in most fiction there's usually a deficit of characters actually going to the toilet.
                      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kamelion
                        I picked up a second-hand hardback copy of this a couple of years ago. There are some well-written Elric pieces in there. "White Wolf's Song" opens the collection (which had so much more resonance after re-reading it as part of the Second Ether series a couple of days ago). "One Life Furnished in Early Moorcock" is in there as well, which is probably my favourite Elric tribute (as well as being one of my favourite Gaiman stories) - a gentle, touching portait of the end of childhood. Tad William's "Go Ask Elric" is wonderful, and "The Littlest Stormbringer" struck me as pretty cool as well. It's worth getting hold of if you ask me.
                        It seems to be a cult book.... I definitely want it! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

                        Gabriele

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Although the second book in that series Pawn of Chaos had a few good things in it, it wasn't nearly as strong a collection. Tad's story was brilliant. Neil's, too. A wide range of good writers. Both those collections were sold by White Wolf in France and the authors didn't know about it. Neither did I. Attempts to track down who received the money and authors' copies are proving difficult.

                          Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds


                          Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X