Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Fanart

For some queer reason I decided to post my most famous Elric drawing... What does everyone think about it? If anyone replies, then feel free to give me your most honest opinion... I worked on this drawing for three hours, starting at 3 a.m...

They're all true... Especially the lies.

original and interesting ...... i like it

Comment

Thank you Morgan, I actually drew this while a terrible lightening storm was going on outside... I am surprised that I didn't mess up because I am terrfied of lightening!

The Dark Mage

Comment

The Dark Mage Of Melnibone,

Oh! Fantastic! It is really cool!

Excellent drawing!

Can you make an animated series? That is a good face and expression that I feel would really fit in an animated tale.

superb way to draw the mouth, I see you only used a few lines, but it is really somehing how it comes together. You really must know what to put where to make it most effective.

I sure would like to see one with his whole face,as well.

very creative!

-the only thing that I would comment on,(I'm no artist, but played around with art,mostly all bad,hehe,but...),

I don't want to be negative, but I personally like it better without the ear in the hair.

or-just me-I think it would look better, a little higher on the head?

-and maybe give the ear a little twist so it curves back.

I only suggest,because,I would really like to see it that way, and if you don't mind the advice, I think if you drew it a second time, like I said, you might like it better yourself.

I am probably wrong.....

Thanks for letting me speak of your artwork.

-Lemec

P.S. I am just trying to help, you really captured the spirit of the character!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Lemec, I thank you for your honest comments... Alas! You are right! I too, think that I have the ear a little disporportioned... Perhaps I could alter it some, but I am too frightened to try... Oh well, the deed is done, I cannot change it... I was hoping one would not notice, but I suppose it seems more dramatic that way, it isn't supposed to be too realistic... The twist with the ear seems very idealistic, I'll try that next time! Thank you! I can do a realistic detailed image of him, but it will have to take time... I was thinking of drawing an Elric comic, and the art of this picture is based on that... Thank you again... Feel free to comment me any time....

I fare thee well...

The Dark Mage Of Melnibone

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Mage Of Melnibone
            Lemec, I thank you for your honest comments... Alas! You are right! I too, think that I have the ear a little disporportioned... Perhaps I could alter it some, but I am too frightened to try... Oh well, the deed is done, I cannot change it... I was hoping one would not notice, but I suppose it seems more dramatic that way, it isn't supposed to be too realistic... The twist with the ear seems very idealistic, I'll try that next time! Thank you! I can do a realistic detailed image of him, but it will have to take time... I was thinking of drawing an Elric comic, and the art of this picture is based on that... Thank you again... Feel free to comment me any time....

I fare thee well...

The Dark Mage Of Melnibone
            I am much relieved that you found my comment useful. Please,please don't change it. A comic would rule the cosmos!

I think you really should try to get into the graphic novel business.

You are right, it is fantasy, it should be as you have it.

I guess,I was just thinking in different terms. (plus my ears are too big,haha,I compared were mine were located in relation the drawings. )

If you have the time, I sure would like to see a piece from your comic when you start on it.

Are you going to art school?

Please,keep up the good work!

I really like it.

-Lem'

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Really like it I agree with yourself and Lem about his ear, but that's only a minor flaw. I think you have captured the image of Elric that I see in my head pretty accurately.

Well done !

Cheers,
              Last edited by Muroc; 09-04-2006, 06:56 PM.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

I thank you for your comments Muroc, I should have thought about the ear, but oh well... At least someone finally told me what was wrong with it! I drew him in a way that I imagined him to look, only without the detailed lines and shadowing...

I fare thee well

The Dark Mage

Comment

Lemec, I was thinking about going into the Graphic novel business, but I hate to admit, I THINK I DRAW LIKE CRAP!!!!!!! *Laughs* But since my good friends have commented on my art and gave me their honest opinions, I think I might go along with it anyway... And yes, I am starting my comic soon and I will be glad to send you the first piece!

Your ears are located in the exact position as my drawing?!
                  They could not be that big! Hah! Hah! Hah!!!!

No, I am not in art school! *Laughs* But maybe your comment along with everyone else's have changed my mind!

I fare thee well... The Dark Mage

Comment

Working...
                  X