Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

illustration : elric of melnibone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illustration : elric of melnibone

Hello, I'm french illustrator and I have submited my talent to this forum in hope to dress it with my work.
    My 1st one to elric ;)
    In hope you like it

Beautiful work,fablyrr.

Comment

Great stuff, fablyrr. I like it!

Comment

Very nice! I like how puckered Elric's mouth looks. Armor looks really good, too. If I were to offer advice -- and you can take it or leave it -- I'd suggest rethinking the lighting a tad; the gleam in Elric's eyes indicates light from a different direction than the reflection in the gem on his chest.

Say, fablyrr, would you mind if we put your artwork in the Reader Submissions section of the Image Hive?
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

That is very cool!

The narrow face looks great! He seems very real.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Welcome aboard Fablyrr !

Great illustration (damn, wish I could draw like that). Love the armour, particularly My only criticism would be that Elric looks a little too evil imho - and, of course, everybody here probably has a different picture in their head of what Elric would look like (maybe he's not evil enough !). Would like to see more if you feel so inclined

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

A great drawing, and certainly better than anything I can do.

However, a humble criticism: His face looks a little too aged/weak. I always think of him by some of the Brom illustrations, where he looks thin and such, but where his face is both noble and sinister. This face is not quite there.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Fleeman
                I always think of him by some of the Brom illustrations, where he looks thin and such, but where his face is both noble and sinister. This face is not quite there.
                But perhaps this is how Elric looks when he is fresh out of his special drugs and Stormbringer hasn't drank any souls for a while? I see Elric here as being in dire need of a fix. The lines around Stormbringer could imply the sword quivering in its increasing desire to drain some lifeforce.
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

[Quasimodo mode] Beaaauuu! [/Quasimodo mode]

Encore! Encore! Encore!
                  Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

Originally posted by Mespheber
                    [Quasimodo mode] Beaaauuu! [/Quasimodo mode]

Encore! Encore! Encore!
                    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Anyone who goes to the French Amazon site will probably be able to locate a bunch of new images of Elric for Press Pocket's new editions plus Fleuve Noir's collection of Elric stories by French authors ELRIC ET LA PORTE DES MONDES ed by Richard Comballot. Guillaume Sorel's the artist.
                      www.pocket.fr should also take you to the covers.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Guillaume Sorel made himself known in France for illustrating roleplaying games before producing some comics. He also worked on french edition of Stormbringer RPG...
                        Last edited by Mespheber; 09-02-2006, 02:23 PM.
                        Free the West Memphis Three

Comment

It's Marilyn Manson!

Comment

Originally posted by fablyrr
                            Hello, I'm french illustrator and I have submited my talent to this forum in hope to dress it with my work.
                            My 1st one to elric ;)
                            In hope you like it
                            I like it! I find the older representation of Elric very interesting.

Comment

I love your art, it is very beautifully detailed!
                              They're all true... Especially the lies.

Comment

Working...
                              X