Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elwher
    replied
    I had a feeling when doing research for the wikiverse that the outline that the game scenario was based on, followed on from the outline for the first book of the Malador series...But I could be wrong...

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    All is clear..
    Just read the 'Earl Aubec of Malador' proposed book synopsis from '66 reprrinted in 'Elric in the Dream Realms'. This seems to be the 'historic' kernal of the RPG adventure I mentioned.
    John

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    At least Rodney Matthew's got a commission out of the artical.
    JRW

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Interesting. Not mine, of course. Phew. My senility isn't quite as advanced as I suspected.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    As it turns out, the MM pages from Imagine 22 are in the Image Hive gallery:

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...2_itemId=65447

(Remember though that the Hive isn't displaying the thumbnails, so you have to click on the 'full size' link (ie 1274x1753) to see the pages.)

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    Mike
    Is this address anywhere on this web site ?
    John

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Cheers John. I'm still in rue Amelie, at least until I boil to death.

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    Mike,
    Can post you the interview and adventure notes if you forward me a mailing address.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Then I might be able to answer the question...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    I wouldn't mind a copy John! Didn't know I'd done it!

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    Dave,
    Thanks for your help.
    Sorry the piece isn't as lucid as I'd like. The consequence of coming home to the pc after doing the late shift at work.
    John

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    replied
    Cheers for the offer John. I have an issue of the 'zine in question.
    Incidently, does anyone out there know a contact address for Micheal Brunton, who used to edit White Dwarf ? I last saw the guy in Nottingham , but that was in '88.
    John

Leave a comment:

• JohnDavey
    replied
    Dear all,

I've got a copy -- or rather a photocopy -- of 'Earl Aubec And The Iron Galleon' somewhere, together with an interview with Mike carried in the same issue of 'Imagine' (I believe).

If John the Havercake Lad, or anyone else, would like to see it, they can contact me direct, or through this forum. It might take a little digging out, but I'm sure I could resurrect it if required.

Best,

John.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    John, I've moved your post to the main Q&A forum where there's more chance it'll get seen by Mike.

Leave a comment:

• redcoat
    started a topic Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon

Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon

Being an avid fan of the Elric tales since the late seventies I have tried to collect all the stories penned by MM ( including revised writings, such as the two different versions of The Jade Man's Eyes ).
    I'm intrigued by the RPG adventure and accompanying articals in the magazine 'Imagine' #22 ( Jan 1985 ). Micheal Brunton writes out the gaming adventure 'Earl Aubec and the Iron Galleon' based on a planned, but unused story Micheal Moorcock apparantly toyed with after writing the published Earl Aubec story.
    The ideas behind this dropped project obviously saw fruit in inspiring the Elric story 'The Lands Beyond the World' , which became the middle story, 'Sailing To The Present' in 'The sailor on the Seas of Fate'
    What I would love to know is whether the RPG's opening notes are in any degree MMs work ? These mention the murder of Aubec's Queen, a quest to regain his son and also an intention to kill a usurper to the throne of Lormyr. He is apparantly fated to serve as Myshella's agent again, has acquired a cat as a companion ( not sure I can see this of the great brute, but what do I know I'm a dog person ) and ends up an exile. The adventure starts in Argimiliar.
    I realize that this is a long time ago and only of interest to an addled archivist like myself.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me on this query.
    John
Working...
X