Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric books "new" ever again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Mosley
    replied
    HI Bataille23, you should check out this thread > http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=3662 where Mike announces that Del Ray are to reprint the whole Elric saga in new definitive illustrated volumes from 2007.

Leave a comment:

• Bataille23
    started a topic Elric books "new" ever again?

Elric books "new" ever again?

Hello,

I have often looked at your site, mostly around issues related to the elric movie! which is very exciting. I can not wait to see it fleshed out and on screen regardless of who is in it. It seems from the copious amount of involvement of fans and particularly Michael and the Weitz brothers in soliciting his involvement that it will be as fabulous as can be made, given the medium.

I appreciate all of your work spent in keeping an amazing author website going. Truely this site is stand out and unparalleled. Most author sites do not put in near the amount of work nor are they very relative to the outside world beyond their book series. So the site is amazing!

The main reason for contacting you is that I work at Powells books in oregon which is a rather large book store and several of us love moorcock, and of course, as most moorcock fans, we LOVE ELRIC. I love to hand sell Elric books, but our used supply never compares to the demand that there is for elric. In recent years it has been been impossible to get these books in. I believe that there is a fantasy masterwork series which collects some elric titles together and relatedly there are some uk mass markets based on the corrected omnibi that White Wolf originally re issued. But is there any hope to have elric republished in the U.S.? I know that we could sell a ton here. Most everyday people come in and pick through the books trying to find the whole series, at best we keep around the book club hardcover of the vanishing tower, bane of the black sword and stormbringer and that is because it goes for $20-25 for the bce. I would love to be able to get copies and be able to sell new copies where Michael will get some proceeds for creating such wonderful stories.

Is there any hope for a reprinting? The one thing I hear consistently from
    customers is that is near impossible to find these books in regular book shops. It is true, we seldom have the full run of Elric titles, nor some of
    the other important Eternal Champion characters. There must be a publisher interested somewhere.

Thanks for your time,

Brian Booty
    Book slupper and crazed albino emperor fan.
Working...
X