Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Audiobooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric Audiobooks

I recently downloaded and listened to "Elric of Melnibone" from Audible.com
    However, they dont have any of the rest of the Elric series, and I've been unable to find them anywhere.

Can you tell me if any of the other books are available in audiobook format, and if so where can I get them?

Thanks!

Originally posted by 5echo1
    I recently downloaded and listened to "Elric of Melnibone" from Audible.com
    However, they dont have any of the rest of the Elric series, and I've been unable to find them anywhere.

Can you tell me if any of the other books are available in audiobook format, and if so where can I get them?

Thanks!
    Hello 5echo1,

The audiobooks are made by AudioRealms.

The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate by Michael Moorcock has been delayed.

AudioRealms wrote:
    Due to an illness with Jeffery West who is our voice for this production, the release of “The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate” is on hold.
    http://www.audiorealms.com/cgi-bin/s...rchResult.html

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Hoooooray!
      Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

I'll post as soon as it is available

Ken
        Ken Boorman
        Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

I'm generally too old to succumb to being a raving 'fanboy' but for Audio Realms I'll make an exception

Their 'Elric' is excellent, as are the readings they have of Lovecraft's stories, and I really want to see how their plans for loads of Robert E. Howard audio work out!

Comment

There are plans afoot for more of the "classic" authors too! Some not as popular now as they were - but classic nonetheless.

Ken
            Ken Boorman

Comment

I hope Jim West gets well soon.
              I thought he did a very nice job with the first book.

I was first introduced to Elric (like many my age I'm sure) as a kid playing D&D. But for some strange reason, I never read the books.
              Now, 23 years later I have the urge to read the whole Elric series. However, a lot of the spare time I have is time in which my ears are free, but my eyes are not. So I was thrilled to see 'Elric' on Audible.com

My next question is: Why has it taken so long for the first Elric book to appear in audio format? I would love to get some insight into the whole process and everything involved in publishing audiobooks.

Comment

I'd like to hear John Gieldgud read Elric....

There is a John Gielgud impersonator that you can listen to at this link: http://www.appliedsilliness.com/cele...gud-voice.html
                "Jerry Cornelius was based, for instance, on a young man I used to see around Notting Hill where there was also a greengrocer called Cornelius of London."

--Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by 5echo1
                  My next question is: Why has it taken so long for the first Elric book to appear in audio format? I would love to get some insight into the whole process and everything involved in publishing audiobooks.
                  I believe Mike was waiting until someone could do the stories justice. Fred Godsmark was the person who came along and gained Mike's approval. I think they're excellent (all of the Audio Realm audio-books).

Ken
                  Ken Boorman

Comment

Ah, but that begs the question. Why did it take so long for someone to approach Mr. Moorcock and gain his confidence?

I would have thought that more than a few people would have approached him with the idea more than a decade ago and then it would have been just the matter of finding the best reader with the best voice.

But then again, I guess audio books didn't rally become popular until the 90's.

Comment

Other Elric and/or Eternal Champion audiobooks...

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                      I gather the audiobook should be released very shortly.
                      Since this is an old topic, I suspect that only the first two Elric books made it into audiobook format. With all 10 unabridged Zelazny Amber books recently produced and added to Audible.com is there any renewed interest in seeing this fantastic series completed (or re-done) in audio format? I'd so love to listen to the complete set of Eternal Champion books but that's probably asking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by KennX View Post
                        Since this is an old topic,
                        A more recent thread - with confirmation that the final four Elric audiobooks have been completed - can be found here.
                        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                          Originally posted by KennX View Post
                          Since this is an old topic,
                          A more recent thread - with confirmation that the final four Elric audiobooks have been completed - can be found here.
                          Thank you so much! This is wonderful news. I don't see them being available yet on the audiorealms site but if they've been produced then it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                          X