Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Exclusive Preview of Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive Preview of Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer #4

Have I got a treat for you! Walt Simonson has sent along four colored pages from the final installment of Elric: The Making of a Sorcerer, courtesy DC Comics, Walt SImonson and of course, Michael Moorock. You find them attached below. All you have to do is click the thumbnails below to get a look at the very large images that he sent. I've also attached the cover that's been floating around in case you missed from the other thread.

Don't forget about our dense interview with Walt and Michael in the Moorcock & Simonson: Making the Sorcerer thread.

Thank you Walt!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 08-09-2006, 07:42 PM.
    Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Mmm, tasty! Walter continues to impress.

Waddya mean I gotta wait 'til August to buy the book?!
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

yeah! those are most wonderful!

Thanks Walt and Mike!

Thanks for the exciting preview Reinart!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I am very happy.

Looks like Sadric is going to let the outcome of the fourth dream decide his heir, too. Should be interesting.
        Best/Mario

Comment

Fabulous pages!

Thanks, Reinart.

Really does look like the best yet, doesn't it?

Comment

For sheer draughtsmanship and composition, I can think of no living 'sequential' graphic artist better than Walter. He never disappoints and always surprises. There are more admired and maybe better known artists doing comics today, but I really can't think of anyone who matches him at his best. He is the equal of the masters he so admires and continues to learn and expand his art all the time.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
              Mmm, tasty! Walter continues to impress.

Waddya mean I gotta wait 'til August to buy the book?!
              Meh - we waited the better part of a year for Issue 3. I'll be happy if its out before Christmas.
              Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                For sheer draughtsmanship and composition, I can think of no living 'sequential' graphic artist better than Walter. He never disappoints and always surprises. There are more admired and maybe better known artists doing comics today, but I really can't think of anyone who matches him at his best. He is the equal of the masters he so admires and continues to learn and expand his art all the time.
                Walt's also not a bad storyteller in his own right. His Hawkgirl comic (with Howard Chaykin on art duties) is coming along very nicely.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

The balloons seem to be empty. Surely the author provided dialogue! But, no, we don't get to see what it might be until the issue is issued.

Cool Phoorn!
                  Miqque
                  ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Which was two days ago. :)
                    Best/Mario

Comment

Mario Wrote
                      Which was two days ago.
                      Is it already available on "newstands" Mario, and have you already got copies??

Comment

I've got to get my hide over to the comic book store!

I might get there today, if not, Saturday!

The artwork in those books would make great wall posters!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                          Mario Wrote

Is it already available on "newstands" Mario, and have you already got copies??
                          It is stateside, and I have my copy. :)
                          Best/Mario

Comment

Hello!

I got my #4 today! It is awesome! very,very cool!

That was a very good read!

I give it the top rating! Five Chaos Stars!!!!! * * * * *

-Lemec
                            Last edited by lemec; 08-12-2006, 09:45 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                            X