Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Where to find Elric Seris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Elric Seris

My son has read the first two novels in the Elric series and has requested the rest of the series for his birthday.

Where in the world can I find these books? Every place I have checked so far say they are out of print...thanks!!

Ryan's Mom

Barnes and Noble has a used book Store that you can check, thats where i got some of mine from. The science fiction book club has all of them as well.

Comment

Advanced Book Exchange.

www.abe.com

You can find all the books there for like a buck a piece.

Comment

My experience of buying second hand copies through Amazon is that you get very nice clean copies.
        If you have any trouble at all, Ryan's mom, drop me a note here with your address and I'll work out how to get copies to you.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Wow Michael! What a guy.

You are nice - despite what everyone says :lol:

Jayde Design is a wonderful resource! I mentioned it before but let me do so again. John from JD mailed me (yes mailed - post) a list of his inventory. It cost him آ£1.31 to get it to me in Texas - he's in the U.K. Now I'd say that is pretty nice to do for someone you don't know.

Definately look at his stuff. You will be very glad you did! :D

abe books is great. You could find a lot there too.
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

And let's not forget the Sci-FI book club. They have all the Elric books except for the new ones collected in 3 nice volumes, and you can get them new.

Sort results by:
            Bestsellers Title A-Z Title Z-A Author A-Z Author Z-A Publication Date Old to New Publication Date New to Old

THE ELRIC SAGA: PART III (2-IN-1)
            by Michael Moorcock
            Ace Books Inc. / November, 1991 / 547463 / Ready to Ship
            Member Edition: $12.99
            Special Edition

In The Fortress of the Pearl, Elric must journey along the ever-shifting border between dreams and reality to recover an extraordinary gem. In The Revenge of the Rose, an encounter with the shade of his despised father, Sadric, sends Elric on a perilous quest to find a box of black rosewood in which Sadric had hidden his soul. Jacket art by Robert Gould. (393 pp.)

THE ELRIC SAGA: PART I
            by Michael Moorcock
            Berkley Publishing Group / December, 1951 / 040196 / Ready to Ship
            Member Edition: $9.99
            Special Edition

Meet Michael Moorcock's Elric of Melniboni-cursed with a keen and cynical intelligence...schooled in sorcery...armed with the soul-eating runesword Stormbringer.... Includes Elric of Melniboni, The Sailor on the Seas of Fate and The Weird of the White Wolf. (374 pp.) 3-in-1 Mem. Ed.

THE ELRIC SAGA: PART II
            by Michael Moorcock
            Berkley Publishing Group / December, 1951 / 019950 / Ready to Ship
            Member Edition: $10.99
            Special Edition

Still wandering the world and feeding his ever-hungry runesword, Stormbringer, the blood and souls it demands, Elric, exiled emperor of Melnibonأ©, seeks the peace he can never find. Both he and Moonglum, his faithful friend and companion, continue to seek out the elusive wizard, Theleb K'aarna, to destroy him.

Elric will battle tormenting demons...fight a savage conqueror...find and lose a lover...be drugged and left for ghoul food...and many times attempt to cast off the hellish Stormbringer. Until at last Elric is told of his dark but noble destiny, and becomes a key player in the final battle between the lords of Chaos and the Lords of Law. Includes The Vanishing Tower, The Bane of the Black Sword and Stormbringer. (471 pp.)
            www.sfbc.com

Comment

Hi!
              I've been searching for 'The Elric Saga Part III' book but haven't managed to get a copy of it. I am from Spain and, unfortunately, most Moorcock books have not been translated to Spanish and, the few which have, have been long deleted. That's why I'm reading them in English and, to be honest, I'm enjoying them far more than reading them in Spanish. However, I would like to get hold of a copy of the aforementioned book. If anybody wants to part with it, I'll be glad to buy it. Thanks in advance.
              There\'s the crime of passion and the crime of revenge, but the worst crime of all is the crime of regret. (Let sleeping dogs die - The Mission)

Comment

Originally posted by dlackey
                Advanced Book Exchange.

www.abe.com

You can find all the books there for like a buck a piece.
                You could also check BookFinder www.bookfinder.com

They display ABE listings and other booksellers.
                Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

John Davey is always a good source, too.
                  The book club has bought the rights to the latest sequence, by the way.
                  These book club editions are good but they don't publish the stories in chronological order like the omnibuses. The UK mass market omnibuses are the best value in my opinion.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                  The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                  Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                  The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                  Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

Had I five bucks, very clean copies of all the Elric paperbacks are currently available at my library's book sale! Suggest you also haunt libraries and yard sales for these delicious items.

PS - I also owned the Book Club editions, and they are quite nice (as to readable print and such). Together with this site's information, the stories can be read in order.

PPS - I have also dealt with amazon.com's used book finders. Thus far they have been very reliable; plus Amazon has pics of the books AS IF they were available.

PPPS - Mike, you gotta strongarm a nice publisher to do some Collected Works - with color plates and variant covers and such.
                    Miqque
                    ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                      John Davey is always a good source, too.
                      The book club has bought the rights to the latest sequence, by the way.
                      These book club editions are good but they don't publish the stories in chronological order like the omnibuses. The UK mass market omnibuses are the best value in my opinion.
                      Indeed, John Davey seems to be such a honest and reliable individual. I contacted him once and his reply was very fast and amicable. He found what I was (still, I am) looking for but I couldn't afford the price. Nevertheless, he warned me it was too expensive. I think that proves he's a very honest guy. To sum up, a gentleman.
                      There\'s the crime of passion and the crime of revenge, but the worst crime of all is the crime of regret. (Let sleeping dogs die - The Mission)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                        We'll see what the movie does for that. :)
                        Yes!!
                        That's somethin I'm very much expecting. Hope that, with the movie, all the books will be available around here.
                        Sweet moons!

Comment

Working...
                        X