Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Collectible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    We have some here! How could we get you one ?

Leave a comment:

• gazer63
    replied
    Where would a person buy an Elric statue or bust??? My boyfriend had one years ago and has since lost it......his b-day is the end of March and I really would like to find one for him.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Cheers!
    I have a dim recollection of someone wanting to do this and me giving permission, but it was quite a few years ago now.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    Not sure if it ever made it to market, but I will take a picture
    of it if you'd like, and maybe hunt down my correspondence
    and transaction with them.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Needless to say, I haven't seen the figure nor granted permission for one with this company. I suspect, however, that it might not even have been made and they were 'floating' it. In a sense, it's a stupid thing to do, since by doing an unauthorised figure they can't advertise it to the people who are most likely to want to buy it!

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied
    I actually bought the 90mm statuette from RAFM direct before it
    was fully released. There were rumors (and an online catalog entry)
    of a 25mm line as well, but it never happened. I cemented the
    pieces, but IMHO it needs smoe mods before I paint it. Some day
    I will break out the miliput and have a go at "fixing" it.

BTW, Wizard's Attic is a whole other mess. That guy is teetering on
    bankruptcy, having not delivered orders, nor paying the companies
    whose producty he carried, and not returning stock when everything
    went south. Might be why your shopping basket didn't hold the
    order.

Looking at the picture at Wizard's Attic, it looks like the mods they
    did make it worse than my pre-release one!

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    They have obviously taken the image down. But I went through the trasaction process, and encountered that they were selling the statue for $19.95, but when I get to the fulfillment system, they put it into your basket at $0.00. That site is the reason I don't sell anything here. Those commerce sites are too expensive to manage.

Anyway, I took an incriminating screenshot, and will send it to Mike.

edit: I did a search for the word "Elric" in their catalog to find it.

Leave a comment:

• Krimson
    replied
    I don't know if its sanctioned - but I finally found a place carrying it that has a pic of the minature: http://www.wizards-attic.com/WAElric.html

Leave a comment:

• Ant
    replied
    Mike -

Have you seen RAFM's 90mm white-metal figure of Elric? Details here ... http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/mercha...tegory_Code=RC ... but I haven't seen pictures of this anywhere.

So... Is it a sanctioned Elric collectable? (And does anyone have a pic?)

Cheers,
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• Krimson
    replied
    Its pretty handy. When I purchased it, my d20 consisted of the Star Wars RPG and the core books for 3e (I still have all my books for 1e and 2e) AD&D. On a fun note, I have a piece of software I found that is a combat resolution generator for the d20 system. For fun I entered in the stats for Elric and for Darth Vader and ran it about 100 times. I think Vader came out victorious maybe 10% of the time (that's being generous). Lets just say lightsabers have nothing on Black Blades, l :lol:

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    Yeah, I got that too for the fun of it, and was a little 'annoyed' when the contents were virtually the same as the earlier Elric rulebook!
    Admittedly, they were updated to D20 rules, but they came out at about the same time I stopped roleplaying (time constraints and the desire to write a fantasy epic if I can ever get my a$$ in gear!!! Sorry, self-chastisment over...), so I ain't not gottened no clue as to how unfunctional it wasn't... 8O

Leave a comment:

• Krimson
    replied
    Oh, Chaosium is still around. I picked up their d20 supplement Dragon Lords of Melnibonأ© when it came out.

Leave a comment:

• Valandar
    replied
    Oooh, Chaosium... haven't heard that name in a LOOOONG while, not since the RPGs they made back in the 80's....

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    How loudly is the bell tolling for Chaosium at this point?

Leave a comment:

• TheEighthSon
    replied
    The exclamation on the end of that last partfills me with a sense of hope... Was that a subtle hint at a certain project's progress? :lol:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X