Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric Collectible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice comic work BK!
    The shocklines pic is awesome.
    You got any prints or shirts ect..for sale?

I know you got alot of projects goin right now
    but I need to talk to you about commisioning for a
    pirate comic that goes with that song ''ROW'' i sent you.
    Looking forward to your Elric, too.

Here's Steve Rings email:

[email protected]

http://www.mccrecords.com/FamilyDay-1-zakas.jpg

Comment

Hi Dyvim,
      Thank you very much for your kind words and
      I am glad you enjoy the work. Even though I am presently
      consumed with the work before me, I really enjoyed "Row"
      and would love to discuss the project with you. I will contact "Ring"
      and you can grab my e-mail from him or you may reach me through the agency. If you are comfortable with posting your e-mail here, I will contact you directly.
      As for merch, we will have it coinside with the launch of my site.
      Also, thanks for the eye candy, those creatures look like some friends of mine after a pint or two.
      "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

HOOAAH Dyvim,I'm lovin' the new avataaarrrrr!
        Shiver me timbers!

Comment

email me your address
          and Ill send you the CD 8)

[email protected]

Comment

Aha!

I just found this at the old site:

http://systems.figures.com/Features/...domain=figures
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Berry,
              That is such a strange interview, if Michael did have an agreement with them to have Elric action figures produced, then why produce mini-busts?
              Did they have any sort of agreement with Michael? I know Toy Vault produced the mini-bust because one was sitting at my local comic shop. Did Michael even recieve a penny? I certainly hope so. I also did not care for the back-handed comment concerning their doubt that a "literary property" might not sell. People who read books do not buy action figures and mini-busts but will buy inane"Spawn" toys? Right, perfectly locigal conclusion. This issue has me curiosly confused. BTW, been meaning to tell you I love the Campbell quote, I have much respect for the man's work.

Comment

I apologize for the necropost. I was wondering if the issue with the Toy Vault Elric Bust ever got resolved? I had purchased one when it first came out, a little over a year ago I beleive. Its sitting beside me, still in its box. I've wanted to piece it together, but the 2nd rate paint job threw me off. I haven't got around to painting it yet. I knew from the moment I saw it in the catalogue it was an Elric knockoff, but I hadn't realized to what extent until I read this thread. Yikes!
                Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

My lawyers have just finalised the dispute with Toy Vault and I'll be making a public announcement shortly. I agree about the awful paint job. A shame, since the modelling is pretty good. I will be pursuing rip-offs very seriously in future and so, I'm sure, will Universal!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                  The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                  Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                  The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                  Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

The exclamation on the end of that last partfills me with a sense of hope... Was that a subtle hint at a certain project's progress? :lol:

Comment

• How loudly is the bell tolling for Chaosium at this point?
                      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

• Oooh, Chaosium... haven't heard that name in a LOOOONG while, not since the RPGs they made back in the 80's....

Comment

• Oh, Chaosium is still around. I picked up their d20 supplement Dragon Lords of Melnibonأ© when it came out.
                          Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

• Yeah, I got that too for the fun of it, and was a little 'annoyed' when the contents were virtually the same as the earlier Elric rulebook!
                            Admittedly, they were updated to D20 rules, but they came out at about the same time I stopped roleplaying (time constraints and the desire to write a fantasy epic if I can ever get my a$$ in gear!!! Sorry, self-chastisment over...), so I ain't not gottened no clue as to how unfunctional it wasn't... 8O

Comment

• Its pretty handy. When I purchased it, my d20 consisted of the Star Wars RPG and the core books for 3e (I still have all my books for 1e and 2e) AD&D. On a fun note, I have a piece of software I found that is a combat resolution generator for the d20 system. For fun I entered in the stats for Elric and for Darth Vader and ran it about 100 times. I think Vader came out victorious maybe 10% of the time (that's being generous). Lets just say lightsabers have nothing on Black Blades, l :lol:

Comment

• Mike -

Have you seen RAFM's 90mm white-metal figure of Elric? Details here ... http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/mercha...tegory_Code=RC ... but I haven't seen pictures of this anywhere.

So... Is it a sanctioned Elric collectable? (And does anyone have a pic?)

Cheers,
                                Ant

Comment

Working...
                                X