Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Making of a Sorceror 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making of a Sorceror 3

I just got my copy through a dealer on eBay and I just have to say how fantastic it is. I especially love the covers. I have them all in a row in front of me now and I really can't wait for the fourth to complete the line up. How long? Please don't let it be another 18 months I don't think I'll make it! Once again Mike and Walter an incredible pardnership!
    Macthorpe
    \"Mercy? I don\'t deserve it.\"
    Karl Glogaur - Behold the Man
    Michael Moocock

I see DC have it down for release in August (ON SALE THE WEEK OF AUGUST 2ND)

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?dat=20060801&s=31
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

demos99 wrote;

Is that globally, or just in the US? If it's out in the UK then, that would be great, especially as V for Vendetta is out on DVD on 1st August. Elric and VfV at the same time? Too good to be true!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawksun
        Is that globally, or just in the US? If it's out in the UK then, that would be great, especially as V for Vendetta is out on DVD on 1st August. Elric and VfV at the same time? Too good to be true!
        Ought to be globally. Certainly my experience is that UK comic releases happen in the same week as the US - delivery date is usually Thursday (except where the States have a public holiday, then we get them on Fridays).
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by demos99

I believe it is out already. I'm sure I heard it shipped this past week.

Ken
          Ken Boorman
          Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

I'll have to get all the issues,1-4, all at once,hehe. I somehow never caught up on the past issues. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by KenBoorman
              I believe it is out already. I'm sure I heard it shipped this past week.

Ken
              #3 came out this week. #4 is scheduled for August.
              Best/Mario

Comment

I have issue #3 as of a couple of days ago. The comic store guy astounded me! I walked in (looking for other titles), and he remembered me after this time, walked to the shelf, plucked it off and put it in my hand. I was like, "Now that's service!". It was definitely worth the wait.
                Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

I brought it yesterday, completly not expecting it to be in. Not read it yet, but I'll try and get on that tonight.

Comment

I picked it up last Wednesday but didn't read it until tonight. It's great. There's just so much story packed in there. We really are incredibly lucky. Just think about it. No matter how good a job the folks adapting Conan do, they're still giving us their take on Conan. It's not the real deal. But we have Michael Moorcock writing new Elric stories for the Elric Comics. How cool is that?!
                    Anyway, I'm ready for issue four now and I really hope DC does a hardback collection of all four issues.

Comment

I just got #2 and #3 today! a big surprise because ususally I can't find anything from Moorcock in the local comic shops. Now to seek out #1 and get #4 in August. :D I'm so glad I read this thread to remind me to buy those! They look so very cool, going to read them a little later. :D

#2 was superb! It was so good that I am nearly speechless! I love it! :)
                      Last edited by lemec; 06-19-2006, 08:30 PM. Reason: additions

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Ok, I just read Elric:The Making Of A Sorcerer #3! I am officially awestruck! I feel like shouting my pleasure from the rooftops! I hope we all get a copy so I don't have to hold my spoilers inside anymore,haha. :) I loved it!-not a surprise,right?

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I've just seen one of the great double page spreads in # 4, lem -- and I've run out of superlatives. Walter just gets better and better. I guess I told you when we were doing Multiverse together Linda would take the comic and keep gasping 'Great! Wonderful! Superb!' and I'd say 'Glad you like it, what do you think of the story-line ?' She'd look surprised. "Oh, I can't follow the story at all -- it's the art-work I was talking about..."

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I have to say... this is some of Walter's best work. I've often wondered how his work would look under modern coloring, and now I know:

Fantastic.
                            Best/Mario

Comment

As much as I want to read this I'm going to wait for the Dark Horse TPB editions. They've done an excellent job with the new Conan run. Looking forward to a nice ltd. hardcover.
                              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Working...
                              X