Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Mike, Concerning the Death of Cymoril. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Azariel
    Eternal Companion
    • Sep 2005

Mike, Concerning the Death of Cymoril. . .

Mike, I recall once reading that the inspiration for Elric's relationship w/ Cymoril was inspired on your own life, but something happened to that relationship (if I recall, I read on your behalf) and what ensued was that infamous death in The Weird of the White Wolf. I wish I still had the text, but alas, I do not.

Well, sounds all like speculation to me, so I figured I asked the man himself than follow hear-say. I don't mean to pry. I'm just one curious fellow :D
  • Azariel
    Eternal Companion
    • Sep 2005

footnote:

I encountered this tidbit on a short bio on Mike. Has anyone else see/heard of it that might shed light on the subject?

Comment

• The Cosmic Balance
      The Final Programme
      • Oct 2004

Perhaps this will help:

[broken link]

(Search for all terms => Elric, relationship)
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:45 AM.
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

• Azariel
        Eternal Companion
        • Sep 2005

Thanks Cosmic Balance!

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
          Site Host
          • Dec 2003

The movie should come up with an interesting riff on Cymoril's death.
          But that, dear reader, must remain a Secret...
          :)

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Dead-Air
            Eternal Champion
            • Jun 2004

Thanks for digging up the old thread. I'd never heard that, but always felt it in the back of my head (and certainly having the story retold even more incestously in The Final Programme heightened the feeling that there had to be some thread of reality buried deep in there somewhere.)
            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

• Azariel
              Eternal Companion
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              The movie should come up with an interesting riff on Cymoril's death.
              But that, dear reader, must remain a Secret...
              :)

What a tease! :D

Comment

Working...
              X