Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Where to purchase Gould prints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to purchase Gould prints?

Hi,
    Ide love to either get a poster, or a book of Robert Gould's artwork. Would anyone know where I could get either. If he doesn't have a book, the main picture Ide like to get is from the cover of Knight of Swords:

Thanks,
    Jesse

Lucky you... at least you have the book!

Seriously, it's not so easy for us UK collectors; I only have Queen in that series, but slowly I'm building a set of Gould covers via eBay.

Ebay does have regular sales of prints by Gould especially Dreamthief's Daughter. I gather there may well be a website for Gould too.... have you Googled him?

PS: just did an eBay search on "Gould Elric" and found 5 different prints; "Gould Knight" didn't find anything

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
      Lucky you... at least you have the book!

Seriously, it's not so easy for us UK collectors; I only have Queen in that series, but slowly I'm building a set of Gould covers via eBay.

Ebay does have regular sales of prints by Gould especially Dreamthief's Daughter. I gather there may well be a website for Gould too.... have you Googled him?

PS: just did an eBay search on "Gould Elric" and found 5 different prints; "Gould Knight" didn't find anything
      I think you can contact Robert Gould via the Imaginosis website (www.imaginosis.com) via robertATimaginosisDOTcom.

(Obviously, change the parts in CAPS to their appropriate symbol. ;))
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley

Have you tried www.abebooks.com ? I love them, its a singular source for thousands of used book store's inventory all over the world. You can do a search for Berkley editions and find what your looking for.

Comment

And of course, by using the ABEbooks link on the right-hand side of the front page of this site (click Mike's beard and travel there instantly) you will be earning money to keep this site ticking over! Hurrah!

(Yes, I know you knew that, but it's worth mentioning now and again, just in case)

This message brought to you by Friends of Moorcock's Miscellany
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Yup, I do use ABE, but I didn't know I should be linking to it via this site. Thanks for the pointer, Dee. And thanks to you too Nomadik for your suggestion.

I prefer eBay for things like this, as I can see photos or scans of the books (or at least, if there is no picture I am very unlikley to buy).

I just a got a parcel in the post this afternoon, as it happens, with a bunch of US p/b editions, all from the same seller, mostly in fantastic (unread) condition. Four covers by Gould (including the Count Brass trilogy).

I don't mind paying the postage from the US (often more than the value of the books!) if I can be pretty sure I'm getting a really nice copy.

For books where the interest is solely in the text, I use ABE a lot and recommend it to all & sundry. Their postage is a bit steep; I suspect that's where some of the profit is made (and I don't begrudge them that, in way; the value of the ABE serch facility is huge and it has to be paid for somehow!)

Comment

I have it on good authority that sellers on the ABEbooks site have to base their postage on a book weighing 1kg. That's why the postage sometimes seems a little steep. Most sellers do a bit of jiggery-pokery with the price of the book in order to even things out.

Comment

Working...
              X