Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Have the collectors here seen this Jade Man's Eyes chapbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the collectors here seen this Jade Man's Eyes chapbook?

http://www.infinitematrix.net/faq/fu...moorcock2.html
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Owned it, read it, cracked the glue and had the pages fall loose into my lap :) !!

Other collectors probably know what I mean. There must be very few truly mint copies around (or even intact copies!). It does come up on eBay etc & may fetch a high price occasionally. Cheap copies are currently available on ABE, claiming to be in VG or better condition.

It's a square-bound book, about the same size as an ordinary paperback, but necessarliy a "slim volume."

The story was substantially revised for its book appearance.

Scans are already in the Image Gallery:
    [link expired]

Unicorn was run by an old pal of Mike's who also published Elric: the Return To Melnibone without clearing it with Druillet, which led to all sorts of fun and games, as Mike has detailed elsewhere.

Comment

I was lucky enough to find two copies. I gave one of them to the friend who insisted I start reading Mike's work.
      I think I've only read it once and I don't think will again after hearing what happened to Guy's copy!
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Yes, done on heavier than usual art paper. It CAN however be reglued reasonably easily... But the cracking spine is hard to avoid.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I have the original Jade Man's Eyes chapbook, but have never read it in case it gets damaged. Don't forget that the story was reprinted in the [Flashing Swords #2] paperback anthology (US & UK), which provides an easier way to read the original text.
          Last edited by Rothgo; 07-31-2010, 06:10 AM.
          'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

I'd forgotten about that; well remembered, Aral!

Comment

Working...
            X