Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

WHY ARE WE WAITING OH WHY ARE WE WAITING?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY ARE WE WAITING OH WHY ARE WE WAITING?

Does anyone know when we will see the publishing by DC comics of Elric-The Making Of A Sorceror #3? If it is taking so long just to do one issue wouldn't DC have done better to have released all four projected parts as one big book thus saving us all a long and annoying wait?

Come on DC and Walt please get your act together and bring us what we want.And if you can't give us the goods, then transfer the art and production to a company that doesn't suffer from such long delays! :x

Doctor_Nox

The Grand Consumer has spoken.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Pah! You should count yourself lucky, my friend. Some of us have been waiting 15 YEARS for issue #3 of Alan Moore's Big Numbers to come out. 15 Years!! Not that we're counting or anything. No siree, nothing like that. Compared to that, the delay in E:TMOAS 3 is like the sneeze of a gnat. :twisted:
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

In the movie world, I'm still waiting for the 3rd and final part of Lars von Trier's The Kingdom. As half the actors are dead, it ain't going to happen!
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

I'm still waiting for a proper Lord of the Rings movie.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I've been waiting about 15 years for the concluding part of a comic called Big Berta. It appeared in an anthology comic called Blast! circa the mid-90s... which died on its arse around issue 7. Some of the stories were collected as g/novels (White Trash also being a favourite), but Berta's adventures never were. The writer's name was clearly a pseudonym, although the artist had done some work for 2000 AD. Every now and then I trawl the internet for references, but it's just vanished as far as I can see. At the time, Blast! were merchandising the character on a T-shirt, and I'd kill for one of those now.

It seems the comic-buying public just aren't ready for a scary, large-breasted woman on a motorbike who shags random strangers and then feeds them to her shark... :(

"Yammy!"

Edit: Actually, I'm now determined to include a tribute to this comic when I redo my website. It's sad that there seems to be no record of her at all on the internet.
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

LotR

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
              I'm still waiting for a proper Lord of the Rings movie.

You mean the one with the naked Amazonian elf babe ninjas and the scene where Gandalf and Ferodo get stoned on giggleweed! I've been waiting for that since 1974 maaaaaan! :lol:

Comment

In some cases, I actually enjoyed waiting for a book,comic book or movie to come out. I waited for a few out of print works to come back in print and it was worth the wait.

The hunt is better than the kill,haha,well in case of Elric the kill is better, but it is still part of the fun. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Re: LotR

Originally posted by Abby
                  ... where Gandalf and Ferodo...
                  Ah, that'll be the version where the hobbits put the brakes on Sauron...

Cheers,
                  Ant

Comment

[quote="Ant"]
                    ... where Gandalf and Ferodo...
                    Ah, that'll be the version where the hobbits put the brakes on Sauron...

I'm glad that someone got my reference to brake pad manufacturers.I won't tell you what we used to call Bilbo! :)

Comment

... I won't tell you what we used to call Bilbo! :)
                      Ah, the hobbit that worked in an office with a pointy-haired boss? Um... Dilbo, wasn't it?

Cheers,
                      Ant

Comment

Working...
                      X