Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Gypsy Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gypsy Prince

The answer may well be in multiverse.org already...

And I'm kinda reluctant to ask the question as it might reveal embarassing gaps in my reading... :oops:

But, anyway, in the Introduction to Michael Moorcock's Elric: Tales of the White Wolf...
    Originally posted by Mike
    I've already asked Tad Williams if he minds me writing some more about the Gypsy Prince.
    ... where said character was an avatar of Jimi Hendrix in Tad's "Go Ask Elric".

So... Did you, Mike?

Ciao,
    Ant

Yeah, Ant, you can find Mike's answer to that question [broken link]here :D
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:23 AM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
      Yeah, Ant, you can find Mike's answer to that question [broken link]here. :D
      Woah, PWV. I remember you saying on a different thread that you weren't that hot on the contents of Mike's books (go on - go here it is , like you do (please :) ), go on, you know you want to. :D )
      Well you certainly make up for that in your knowledge of the contents of the threads on this forum. Or do you have a search method you utilize? Is it the one that Berry detailed (and none of us could be bothered to learn, it appears) or do you have a different method? Other than your immense knowledge of course? :)
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:23 AM.
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
        ... Or do you have a search method you utilize? ...
        Well, I did try the site's Search and Google (with "site:multiverse.org"), but didn't come up with any useful results...

So, thank you, PWV!

Since the answer was, "no", I don't feel so embarrased. :? Since Mike will no longer be writing generic fantasy, it seems likely to stay "no". Shame.

Ciao,
        Ant

Comment

Woah, PWV. I remember you saying on a different thread that you weren't that hot on the contents of Mike's books...
          Well, I haven't read nearly the number of his books many others here have, but what I have read, I'm very hot on! I knows me some Elric, by golly. :P

...do you have a search method you utilize? Is it the one that Berry detailed (and none of us could be bothered to learn, it appears) or do you have a different method?
          It's a complicated affair utilizing lupine lactation fluid, chicken bones and a rattle made from the fossilized skull and spinal column of a coelacanth. It's not a pretty ordeal and the loud chanting strains my vocal chords, so I do it only rarely and only for a good cause.

I hope Ant appreciates all the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
            So, thank you, PWV!
            Don't mention it. Glad to be of help, even if my coworkers think I'm some kind of bloodletting shaman...

Comment

...It's a complicated affair utilizing lupine lactation fluid, chicken bones and a rattle made from the fossilized skull and spinal column of a coelacanth. It's not a pretty ordeal and the loud chanting strains my vocal chords, so I do it only rarely and only for a good cause.

I hope Ant appreciates all the trouble.
              Mmm... I thought you'd just grep'd the database...

I do appreciate it, nonetheless.

Ciao,
              Ant

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                I thought you'd just grep'd the database...
                Naw. Berry won't let me parse his database until we've had a few more dates.

I'll tell you how I found it even though it will cause a reduction in the peoples' awe of my powers:

1. Click the word "Search" up there just below the masthead.
                2. Enter the words Gypsy Prince into the first field ("Search for Keywords" field)
                3. Click the "Search for all terms" radio button
                4. Click the "Display results as Posts" radio button.
                5. Leave everything else as default and click "Search"

You'll get two results: your post and the one I linked to.

I just do the other stuff with the bones and the wolf milk because it gets humorous reactions out of stuffy people.

Comment

Ant,

site:multiverse.org "Gypsy Prince"

2nd hit.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                    I thought you'd just grep'd the database...
                    I hereby give every member permission to grep the database. 8)

Let me know how it goes.
                    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Awww, PWV, you didn't go - here.

Honestly though, you refer many people, including me, to many pertinent and relevant comments and threads. I can only thank you, and hope that you keep doing it.
                      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Sorry Guv. I believe the particular comment by me to which you were referring was this one right [broken link]here. :)
                        Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                          Ant,
                          site:multiverse.org "Gypsy Prince"
                          2nd hit.
                          And PWV's method.

Now I am embarassed... :oops: :oops: :oops:

It msut have been a ytping error. Or eddies in the time streams.

So, to repeat/recast the emergent question, if Mike won't be writing any more "generic" fantasies, will we see any more stories about the Gypsy Prince? I don't suppose Tad's a MM member... ?

Cheers,
                          Ant

Comment

Well, there's a new French anthology of Elric stories due out soon, so it could be that someone else will do the Gypsy Prince in future. I suppose we could even consider doing another Elric anthology for Anglophones...
                            Are you out there Ed Kramer ?

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Sorry Guv. I believe the particular comment by me to which you were referring was this one right [broken link]here. :)
                              Nope, it was [broken link]this one.
                              Hadn't seen the other one, this was on a thread that I'd posted to.
                              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X