Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Which is first? (Elric series) continued in thread......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is first? (Elric series) continued in thread......

Hi guys,

now i've seen bibliographies but this looks a little confusing.

here: http://www.ffbooks.co.uk/n8/n41987.htm

it says that that is the first book in the elric series. however
    this book on its cover http://www.ffbooks.co.uk/n0/n3590.htm
    says that its the first book in the series. i'm confused. i'm new to this series and i need to know which to buy first and i can only find in australia from the bookstores i've looked at the book from teh second link.

:(

I'd say, go check there :)

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-24-2010, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Or here and here. (Sorry! Self-promotion again...)

The short answer is that the collection The Stealer of Souls was the first Elric book to be published, by Neville Spearman in 1963, but it is not the first book in the saga according to its internal chronology. That would indeed be Elric of Melnibonأ©.

(Oh... and the cover image in the Fantastic Fiction link is of Elric: The Stealer of Souls, the second Elric omnibus in White Wolf's Eternal Champion series, not the collection. And Elric of Melnibonأ© was also the title of the first Elric omnibus in the Orion/Millennium Eternal Champion series.)

Gr.,
      Ant

Comment

Thankyou, sorry i was just a little confused. probably sounds really dumb of me. oh well. but thanks for the info i appreciate it greatly. :)

Comment

Working...
        X