Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer (tales of the eternal champion). Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer (tales of the eternal champion). Help needed!

Greetings everyone,

I am new in these forums so I apologise if this is in the wrong thread, but I a bit desperate about some information.
    Until recently I had a cpy of volume 8 adn 12 of the omnibus editions from The Tales of the Etarnal Champion (Elric of Melnibone and Stormbringer). I gave those books to a friend as a gift some time ago.

I went down the bookshops the other day and bought again Elric of Melnibone and was looking to find Stormbringer as well. To my dismay I found out that Stormbringer is out of print and nowhere to be found. I looked at amazon, nothing. I loked at amazon used books...nothing. Ebay..nothing. Other websites with out of print stuff...nothing!

I really want to get that book....or in any case something to substitute it.
    So here is my question (and plead for help...ok being a bit melodramatic here). Does anyone know where if anywhere I can get hold of that book? And if that is not possible what would you recommend as sufficient subsitute?

Thank you all for your time

I'd recommend that you keep checking eBay. It seems to come up fairly often, if I remember correctly (and that is where I got my copy an year or so ago, at a reasonable price).

Alternatively keep checking eBay and all other sources for the individual novels.

Comment

Thanks,
      I will do that. Hopefully it will come up eventually

Comment

Check this out, if you haven't already seen it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Looks to be in fabulous condition!

You in the UK aren't you, Eol?

Comment

Makes me glad I picked up most of the omnibus editions when I had the chance - and I got to bring them with me to the States. Am missing several of the volumes though. Specifically:

1) Von Bek
          5) Sailing to Utopia
          7) The Dancers at the End of Time
          9) The New Nature of the Catastrophe
          11) Legends from the end of time.

I don't have the Kane series either.
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
            Check this out, if you haven't already seen it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Looks to be in fabulous condition!

You in the UK aren't you, Eol?
            I have no words to thank you GuyLawley..... I bidded on the individual paperbacks.....but I am getting that as well...

Once again...thanks!

EDIT: Yes, in Ol' Albion I am :D

Comment

Can someone with the small paperback of the UK volume 12 (Stormbringer) please post the ISBN? I think it is 0752809067, but as it is out of print I'm struggling to find it. I know the individual books are easy, but I want it to match the Elric volume I recently picked up.

JonLaidlow

Comment

Originally posted by JonLaidlow
                Just checked, and that's the one.

Comment

Brill. Thanks!

J

Comment

Working...
                  X