Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Black Blade, song of Blue ضyster Cult, co-written by Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Blade, song of Blue ضyster Cult, co-written by Mike

Greentings! :)

Recently I could listen the song "Black Blade", of the album "Cultأ¶saurus Erectus", of the Blue أ–yster Cult. It is a very good song! The lyrics (Mike and Eric Bloomآ´s) is wonderful and music is very impressionating too.
    It have caused in me a good and deep impression.
    It is a Elricآ´s song because it tells about the Emperor of Melnibonأ© and it was very interesting to listen "Elric singing". In a few lines, Mike and Bloom have managed to treat very good about the strange dangerful symbiotic relationship between Elric and his sword (very good defined in the last verses, when Stormbringer says: "my master is my slave! Ahahaahahahahahah!)
    Note A for the Bأ–C and Mike and Bloom!

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

As it's come up on the Cirith Ungol thread, you might be interested in this link...

You might also like to check out Blind Guardian, a German heavy metal band that almost exclusively use literary fantasy themes for their music. While they’re most well-known for Tolkien-based material – such as 1998’s Silmarillion concept album Nightfall in Middle Earth (1998) – one notable exception crops up in their 1992 release Somewhere Far Beyond… “Quest for Tanelorn�. (Thanks to Raphael Tehan in LA, who brought this to my attention!)

MfG,
    Ant

Comment

songs

also by Blue Oyster Cult, Veteran of the Psychic Wars. great song.

kanoa

Comment

Actually Eric did the music and I did the words. I originally performed it with other music at the Round House in the late 70s with Deep Fix. I prefer Eric's version, though...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

I love it when Stormbringer speaks at the end.. Best part of the song and it still gives me goose bumps to hear it. At the very end the voice seems to say, barely audible, "poor f*cking humans" or something like that. Ha! Was that written in or an adlib, I wonder.

Comment

Hi, Mike! :)

When Elricآ´s movie is made, how about if is "Black Blade" the theme music/main music of the soundtrack?
            It would be very cool!
            Imagine a videoclip of this music.
            Oh, Does it already exist a videoclip of "Black Blade"?
            Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaMaria
              Hi, Mike! :)

When Elricآ´s movie is made, how about if is "Black Blade" the theme music/main music of the soundtrack?
              Oh, man, I'd be happy with that. Listen, Rita, there's a cd you might want to check out with the Deep Fix... it was originally put out in the 70'es and was a collectors' item, but it was reissued a few years ago, even with "The Brothel in Rosenstrasse" appended as an extra. There's some truly great stuff there!
              "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagged
                Oh, man, I'd be happy with that. Listen, Rita, there's a cd you might want to check out with the Deep Fix... it was originally put out in the 70'es and was a collectors' item, but it was reissued a few years ago, even with "The Brothel in Rosenstrasse" appended as an extra. There's some truly great stuff there!
                If you're referring to The New Worlds Fair album, Jagged, then it's available for free download from this very site. Just go to:

[expired link]

and click the link for "The New Worlds Fair". You have to download the tracks individually (although Track 14 (Narration 3) is missing for some reason), but if you've never heard the album before I can definitely recommend it. (Shameless plug: After you've downloaded it you can check out the CD Booklet [expired link] in the Image Gallery that I 'mocked-up' recently. :))
                Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

You pipped me to it demos, I was just about to post that link myself!
                  Instead I shall point to the artwork which accompanied some of the releases that Mike has been involved with.

The Deep Fix
                  [expired link]

Hawkwind
                  [expired link]

Blue Oyster Cult
                  [expired link]

I do like your CD booklet though, very nice work.
                  Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 12:02 PM.
                  You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
                    If you're referring to The New Worlds Fair album, Jagged, then it's available for free download from this very site.
                    Yikes! I was indeed, and hadn't even noticed Berry has the whole thing up for free! Go ahead and download, Rita, and everybody else who don't have the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous
                      Originally posted by demos99
                      If you're referring to The New Worlds Fair album, Jagged, then it's available for free download from this very site.
                      Yikes! I was indeed, and hadn't even noticed Berry has the whole thing up for free! Go ahead and download, Rita, and everybody else who don't have the thing.
                      Oh, I already have downloaded! I loved it!
                      The musics are excellents!
                      My favourites are "Starcruiser" and "Brothel in Rosentrasse".
                      Please, I was searching in the Web... Where I can find the music "Sonic Attack" ?(the lyrics is really very good!")
                      Rita.

Comment

Please, I was searching in the Web... Where I can find the music "Sonic Attack" ?(the lyrics is really very good!")
                        Rita.
                        From Hawkwind's MISSION CONTROL http://www.hawkwind.com/lyr/sonic.htm

As for the actual 'music' for Sonic Attack . . . depends on which version.

The Original Version (live from 'Space Ritual') has no 'music', just synth noise. This is the version usally done up to 1981, when the Hawks came out with their Sonic Attack album, with a studio verison that does have music.

Though I don't know of any tabs fot this.
                        Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Originally posted by DeepFixer
                          Where I can find the music "Sonic Attack" ?
                          I believe "Sonic Attack" was a "hit" several decades ago. I remeber quoting Mike's "Coded Languages" lyrics some years back, and ascribing the quote to Sonic Attack. Somebody on the discussion list (which was actually about early 20th century books), objected. "Sonic Attack", he protested, "that was Dave Brock shouting DO NOT PANIC at some concerts?"

Hawkwind put out a whole album called "Sonic Attack" after that, with some great lyrics by Mike in there. And they made a whole Elric album with most of the lyrics by Mike, too. W00t!

I even got a VHS of The Tale of The Black Sword, or what it was called, with Mike appearing as a sort of narrator/singer. That brings back memories...
                          "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Although I was the first to perform Sonic Attack, most of the versions on record are not by me. Lemmy and Nick did the first one on record, I believe. I believe there's one version on a Hawkwind bootleg.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Working...
                            X