Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Young Kingdoms Deities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Kingdoms Deities

Hi to all, can anyone tell me where i can find a list of the Young Kingdoms deities with a short description of each?

Thank you in advance

You might try the Chaosium RPGs: Stormbringer or Dragon Lords of Melnibonأ©. Or the old AD&D Deities & Demigods.

For now, a quick list (from DLOM) (goddesses in italics):
    • Chaos: Arioch (chaos), Balaan (pain), Balo "The Jester" (tricksters), Chardos "The Reaper" (death), Eequor (knowledge), Hionhurn (destruction), Mabelode (war), Narjahn (beggers), Pyaray (ocean), Slortar (debauchery), Xiombarg (war).
      Law: Arkyn (knowledge), Donblas (law), Elgis (peace), Goldar (trade), Mirath (healing), Salik (fertility), Theril (artists), Tovik (war), Vallyn (wisdom).
      Elementals: Grome (earth), Kakatal (fire), Lassa (air), Straasha (water)

mfG,
    Ant

Comment

Thanks for the infos, but i wanted something ... free

Comment

Re: Yuong Kingdoms Deities

Originally posted by selain
        Hi to all, can anyone tell me where i can find a list of the Young Kingdoms deities with a short description of each?
        Originally posted by Ant
        Or the old AD&D Deities & Demigods.
        ...i wanted something ... free
        selain, I intend to locate my first printing of Deities & Demigods this weekend and scan the stats/descriptions of all the characters in the Melnibonأ©an mythos. When I'm done, I'll upload them to

[link expired] of the Image Gallery.

So check back in a couple days and you should have what you're looking for... free of charge! :D
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Thanks for the infos, but i wanted something ... free
          Hey, that was free!

Seriously, there's more text in DLOM - and I could provide that, too - but it doesn't add much value, just fleshes out each deity's "portfolio": no stats, no descriptions, ...

The AD&D D&D covers fewer of them - Arioch, Donblas, and Xiombarg, and the elemental lords, from memory - but does give more info and some excellent pics by Jeff Dee (which are already in the gallery [link expired] ).

Since I'm one of those fools who got rid of his old AD&D books.. nice offer, PWV! It'll be interesting to see how the character/monster stats compare with DLOM.

Ciao,
          Ant

Comment

I thought we already had some scans of the old Deities and Demigods stuff somewhere on the site.

I could be wrong, but I swear I've seen them. Tracking them down here may save you some effort this weekend, PWV.

Comment

Thanks, Ant. Thanks, Doc.

I linked to the Deities & Demigods Album above, but you'll note that all we have there is the artwork. No stats. I intend to scan the full pages, so that you get the images and the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Krank and others
                === Elemental Lords ===

There are four primary elemental lords. These have generated numerous offspring, but those are beyond the scope of this work. When invoked these appear as colossal, humanoid approximations of the lesser elemental appearances.
                Worshippers of the Elemental Lords use the Druid or Ranger progression paths and the spells listed. Spells affecting or involving animals or plants or elements specifically affect, summon, or involve the appropriate element or elemental.

Grome
                The Lord or the Earth and master of the earth elementals. Long ago Grome and Strassh[a] cooperated to construct the marvellous Ship of Land and Sea, that sails across land as easily as across water. Grome lost the ship in a dispute, and Grome and Straasha are now enemies. Grome worshipers will resist water magic first.

Kakatal
                Lord of Flame and master of the fire elementals. All spells will involve, affect, or influence fire. Kakatal and Lassa are enemies, and Kakatal worshipers will always undermine the air cults.

Lassa
                The lady of air and mistress of sylphs is a gentle creature, but would never let herself be taken advantage of and Kakatal always threatens. She and he are enemies, and air worshipers will always seek the undoing of the fire cults. All spells that involve or affect an element or creature will specify air and sylphs, as appropriate.

Straasha
                The Lord of the Seas is a favored god of sailors, coastal dwellers, farmers, and anyone else to whom bountiful water is essential to life. [Undines] are his children. All spells that specify, affect, or involve an element or creature will specify water and undines, as appropriate.

=== Church of Chaos ===

Clerics and Paladins devote themselves to the following gods and patrons. There are many other gods of Chaos, most minor. The entries suggest appropriate Cleric spell domains.
                Paladins of Chaos should use the Blackguard prestige class, dedicating themselves to the nature of their patron Lord of Chaos.

Arioch
                This patron of Melnibonأ© can provide much to his worshipers, but is content to let priests administer spells for the domains of Chaos and Trickery.

Balaan
                A god of pain whose worship base is understandably small, except among citizens of the isle of Pan Tang. His domains are Chaos and Destruction. His worshipers are all mad.

Balo
                Often considered a Lord of Chaos, Balo allows no rigid boundaries. His followers live this credo, and are madmen, rogues, tricksters, and thieves. He provides worshipers with spells from the Law, Chaos, Trickery, and Luck domains.

Chardos
                The Reaper has power over the forces of life and death. He grants his worshipers spells from the domains of Chaos, Death, and Earth. The scythe is his symbol. He is master of the undead.

Eequor
                This goddess of knowledge specializes [in] bringing the powers of magic to women. Her domains are Chaos, Knowledge, and Magic.

Hionhurn
                The Executioner, Lord of Gibbets, Guardian of Guilt is worshiped by those few who seek to know death and remorse. His domains are Chaos, Death, and Destruction.

Mabelode
                The King of Swords is the god of warriors, soldiers, and captains. The armies of the Chaos nations pay him homage. His magic domains are Chaos, Strength, and War.

Narjhan
                The Lord of Beggars revels in the revulsion felt by all good folk of the pretty towns and houses. His domains are Chaos, Luck, and Trickery.

Pyaray
                From his Chaos Fleet, Pyaray’s worshipers terrorize the oceans. His domains are Chaos, Death, and Water. His worshipers favour the trident.

Slortar
                This oldest god revels in decadence and debauchery. His domains include Chaos, Animal, and Trickery.

Xiombarg
                The Queen of Swords is an asexual god of war. Favoring revenge and cunning, she offers the domains of Chaos, War, and Trickery.

=== Law ===

Clerics and Paladins of Law devote themselves to the following gods and patrons. There are many other gods of law implied in the saga; few are actually detailed. The entries suggest appropriate Cleric domains.
                Paladins should dedicate themselves to the nature of their patron Lord of Law.

Arkyn
                The Lord of Natural Law explores the world and seeks to understand. He governs the domains of Animal, Knowledge, Law, and Strength.

Donblas
                The Lord of Law or Righteous Vengeance governs the domains of Law, War. His worshipers are Fighters and Paladins, who favour the longsword.

Elgis
                This deity of peace and civilization governs the domains of Good, Law, and Protection. He is worshiped by enlightened rulers and diplomats.

Goldar
                The Lord of Trade is favored by any who live by making a profit from business transactions, especially merchants, bankers, and shopkeepers. Goldar draws on the domains of Law, Magic, and Travel.

Mirath
                The goddess of death is present throughout our lives. Healers and women are her particular worshippers. She provides Law, Death, and Healing domain spells.

Salik
                The Lord of Fertility is, of course, a favorite of farmers or anyone who derives their living from the earth. Salik provides spells in the domains of Law, Earth, and Luck.

Theril
                The Lord of Inspiration provides dominion spells of Law, Protection, and Healing. Artists hear her [sic] calling.

Tovik, Lord of Violence
                He specializes in the Destruction and War domains. He is the god of Fighters and Barbarians.

Vallyn the Wise
                She is the goddess of scholars and scribes, and provides spells in the domains of Protection and Knowledge. She stresses the learning of languages.
                Cheers,
                Ant

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                  Thanks, Ant. Thanks, Doc.

I linked to the Deities & Demigods Album above, but you'll note that all we have there is the artwork. No stats. I intend to scan the full pages, so that you get the images and the info.
                  Phew! At least I was half correct. That means that all of my hallucinations are still intentional. :lol:

Comment

Aha! Found this under "Games"

[broken link]

I get stuck in the forum and don't always remember the rest of the site :oops:
                    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Nice, Ant. I've not seen that before. Thanks!

And thanks to you, too, Doc! Wow. I guess I don't need to scan the book afterall. Best I at least locate it, though, for my own peace of mind.

Comment

Nice, Ant. I've not seen that before. Thanks!

And thanks to you, too, Doc! Wow. I guess I don't need to scan the book afterall. Best I at least locate it, though, for my own peace of mind.
                        I know I have a copy somewhere, too. It may be in my parents' basement. Every time I see a copy selling for $75, I think I should find it :lol:

I'm glad I could save you a little time. It's not like you aren't contributing here. :D

Comment

I guess I don't need to scan the book afterall.
                          Mmm... maybe you do need to. A lot of the pictures are "missing", most on the "M-K" page. Or maybe that's just because they've been moved around in the galleries and the links just need updating?

But - you know what? - I had seen those pages before... I'd just forgotten they were here! :sad:

Ciao,
                          Ant

Comment

Thanks to all for the help, i found what i was looking for, i was searching for a brief description of the deities, i had to make a short introduction of the world for a RPG tournamente adventure.

Comment

Just would like to point out - Ant's list is the current pantheon as described
                              by Chaosium - some of the deities are not MM's creations, but the creation
                              of the game authors (Goldar for example) and there are some MM creations
                              left out (Miggea for example).

Ian
                              Diplomacy: The ability to tell someone to
                              go to hell so that they will look forward to
                              making the trip.

Comment

Working...
                              X