Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric and Frendz, Crucified Toad, now in Image Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric and Frendz, Crucified Toad, now in Image Gallery

I've added some pics of Elric, by Cawthorn, from Crucified Toad and Something Else (fairly rare mags by now, I should think) plus covers of Vortex, Locus, and Frendz. Have a look here if you care to:

[broken link]

New Worlds issue 212, 1978, was largely made up of reprints from Frendz.

Mike, can you identify the guy reading The Dandy on the Hawkwind Frendz cover? I'd guess he's a member of the band.

Berry and PWV, I have also dropped a couple of pics of MM from Locus, 1997, into the Limbo album for redirection to the Pictures of MM album, if you'd be so kind.
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 04:24 AM.

Crucified Toad!!! I've always wanted to see what that looked like. Cheers Guy :)

I must have missed Something Else - it came out around the time I was fisrt getting into Mike's work.
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Re: Elric and Frendz, Crucified Toad, now in Image Gallery

Originally posted by GuyLawley
      ...PWV, I have also dropped a couple of pics of MM from Locus, 1997, into the Limbo album for redirection to the Pictures of MM album, if you'd be so kind.
      They have been appropriately moved. 8) I would add that I have also updated the [broken link]Image Gallery Album Hierarchy, as there have been significant additions lately.
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 02:10 PM.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Excellent stuff, Guy. Thanks for letting us see it.
        You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

It's Del Detmar, who now lives in British Colombia.
          Remember that time Doug Adams found me surrounded by someone's entire collection of my work, which I was signing for the collector ?
          What are you doing, Mike ?
          Drowning in my own shit, Doug, I replied.
          I feel I'm swimming hard at the moment, with that little island seeming to get further and further away. :D
          Interesting stuff. I'm pretty sure I don't have a lot of it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Steamchancer
            Drowning in my own shit...
            Mixed in with that feeling though, Mike, must be the feeling of wonderment that any of this shit survived.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Working...
            X