Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric, Making of a Sorcerer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Kenny Who a character (comic artist) in Judge Dredd? I'm going on a very faint stirring of memory here... the name sounds like a John Wagner creation!

Comment

Jings!

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=pr...les&choice=477

Comment

Originally posted by GuyLawley
        Was Kenny Who a character (comic artist) in Judge Dredd? I'm going on a very faint stirring of memory here... the name sounds like a John Wagner creation!
        Good call, Guy! :clap:

There were iirc *two* Kenny Whos - the original (Scottish) artist who submitted his portfolio to a Big Meg comic publisher, and the robotic 'Kenny Who', which said publisher programmed with Kenny Who's art style so it would churn out comics faster and cheaper than the real Kenny Who could.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by demos99
          There were iirc *two* Kenny Whos - the original (Scottish) artist who submitted his portfolio to a Big Meg comic publisher, and the robotic 'Kenny Who', which said publisher programmed with Kenny Who's art style so it would churn out comics faster and cheaper than the real Kenny Who could.
          :lol:

Jings! indeed. Thanks for the link, Typhoid.

What a very splendid comic 2000AD was in its day!

Comment

Walter's finished No. 3, promise. I've seen the whole thing in B&W.
            He's done all the thumbnailing and caption/balloon placing for No. 4
            I know that, too! So we're getting there. Don't know when they're scheduled, though! Walter has had a particularly hard year or so but seems to be recovering his rhythm now.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

yahooooooooooo!!!!

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              Walter's finished No. 3, promise. I've seen the whole thing in B&W.
              He's done all the thumbnailing and caption/balloon placing for No. 4
              I know that, too! So we're getting there. Don't know when they're scheduled, though! Walter has had a particularly hard year or so but seems to be recovering his rhythm now.

When the comic finally appears i'm going to celebrate! This is great news! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

It's all about patience, you can't rush art.

Comment

Please wait for several months....

Originally posted by manmiles

May the Balance grant me patience....right NOW!!!! :x

Comment

I'm just hoping Mr Davey remembers my address and that I've already paid for 3 and 4 :D

Comment

Originally posted by manmiles
                      Well, I can't. Not that I feel too comfortable calling what I do "art". Scribbling, maybe. :)

Comment

MOAS part 3?

any updates as to when this will be out yet?

Just asking here since the MOAS corner of the site seems to be well and truly dead, been about two months since it even twitched...

Any news anyone would care to share? I'm not nattering or anything, but when you preorder and prepay for stuff it does start to grate when it goes so long without updates and such...

Cheers

Comment

Hopefully this will help:

[broken link]
                          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 12:01 PM.
                          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Re: MOAS part 3?

Originally posted by Rookie
                            any updates as to when this will be out yet?

Just asking here since the MOAS corner of the site seems to be well and truly dead, been about two months since it even twitched...

Any news anyone would care to share? I'm not nattering or anything, but when you preorder and prepay for stuff it does start to grate when it goes so long without updates and such...

Cheers

I have heard a rumour that DC will be publishing ETMOAS parts 3 and 4 next summer, when the artist has gotten around to finishing the artwork.

andy w.

Comment

Re: MOAS part 3?

Originally posted by andy_wallace
                              I have heard a rumour that DC will be publishing ETMOAS parts 3 and 4 next summer, when the artist has gotten around to finishing the artwork.
                              Andy should consider reading the various threads on this subject throughout the site. He's not "getting around to it", he's producing artwork at 2.0 and it's taking an extreme amount of time. Complicated further, no doubt, by Mike's foot troubles.
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Cool, thanks, must have missed that one. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X