Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric, Making of a Sorcerer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About two weeks ago I heard from an authoritative source that Walter Simonson was still finishing up the artwork for issue three.

Same source said it wasn't known if DC would release no. 3 as soon as they could, or maybe wait until near to the time Walter finishes up the art for no.4; that is still anybody’s guess.

We can only be as patient as possible. It will be worth waiting for, and it will make a lovely book collection one day.

Meanwhile why not re-read some of Craig Russell’s excellent comics, or some of that Moorcock bloke’s prose works. I gather some of them are pretty good. :)

Comment

E:TOAS 3

We can only be as patient as possible. It will be worth waiting for, and it will make a lovely book collection one day.

Meanwhile why not re-read some of Craig Russell’s excellent comics, or some of that Moorcock bloke’s prose works. I gather some of them are pretty good. :)[/quote]

I am glad that E:TMOAS 3 is still being worked on and that it will eventually come out.I had the Russell comics but found his character renditions a bit too camp .As for Moorcock's prose, I've just ordered The White Wolf's Son and I expect it to arrive well before E:TMOAS 3 comes out!

Scorp. :)

Comment

Re: Waiting waiting waiting.....

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
        I always thought is was pretty lame that Elton simply altered a song he already wrote. What, Diana didn't warrant an original song? But Marylin Monroe did? Tacky.
        Very tasteless, like rededicating a memorial. Not that Elton even wrote the words, anyway. His mate Bernie Taupin writes almost all his lyrics, and he wrote both 'Candles'.

Comment

Thanks Michael

Hi all, I'm a fannatic of all your work Michael, so I'm look forward to see the third one. Tell me when please!!

PD. Me and all your fans here in Spain would really appreciate it if you came to the "Semana Negra" in Gijأ³n to talk about all of your work. Right here you have much more readers that you actually think. I'm sure of it. Congratulations for almost all (I daresay all) that you have written, and specially for the making of a sorcerer, which is a fantastic stuff.

Comment

Well, it wasn't much of a song. Bernie T's done better. Ironically, he used to claim that my books inspired his lyrics. I hope to god that wasn't one of the lyrics. I'm inclined to like MM better than the Princess of Wales. Thanks for your good wishes. We've just come from Spain, of course. The weather actually made my foot worse this time. We'd miscalculated because, of course, it's not usually that hot in May and June.
            The Elric books are to be reissued soon, I learn, in Spain. Maybe I should come next year, all being well!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
              Well, it wasn't much of a song. Bernie T's done better. Ironically, he used to claim that my books inspired his lyrics.
              Most intriguing. Did he mention any specific songs?
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

He used to talk about it in old interviews, especially in connection with Yellow Brick Road and stuff, but never being much of an Elton John fan I never really took in any of the songs.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

How long has this been goin' on?

Walter's still working on Number 3 but it IS getting close to completion.
                  Sorry I can't tell you more!
                  Think it's worth waiting for.
                  This quote was posted in April.Elric:TMOAS #three still isn't out yet.Do you expect us fans to have infinite patience? Walter needs a kick up the backside.My chaos legion will be battering down his door soon and they like scrawney old comic artist butt.I hope Walt is packin' some Anusol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Too true

Originally posted by McTalbayne
                    Cant wait. Elric is like crack and I need my fix.

Try telling that to non elric junkies like Dee Crow Seer and they'll patronize you to stultification without understanding about the need for luscious Elricianess.

Maybe if there was a Janis Joplin comic, then maybe he'd understand?

Comment

Ah, the Crosier-Newburg-Perdix Axis, whilst not actively addicted to Elricotonin, nevertheless tends to possess strong Corneliophilic and Pyatotropic tendencies that may appear as a form of ersatz addiction.... :lol:

Comment

Ersatz? No way. Rather a bit too strong for beginners

Comment

As often, it's the adulterated stuff you find on the streets that's dangerous. They mix it with RPG *. Cheaper and more addictive.
                          The effects on the brains are devastating.

*Retarded-Phantasie-Geekozoin

Comment

Walt's untimely demise.

Walter's finishing it up at the moment!

Mr Moorcock are you sure that Walt hasn't come a cropper/shuffled off his mortal coil/met an untimely demise? The poor fellow seems to be taking an awfully long time to complete issue # 3.Shouldn't you perhaps give Walt a phone call to make sure that he isn't lying on the floor in a diabetic coma or has been kidnapped by aliens?

But SERIOUSLY, Walt does seem to be taking an awfully long time.Is there something you want to tell us Mr M?Have you two had a falling out in the past 6 months?

Marco

Comment

Re: Walt's untimely demise.

Originally posted by Marco
                              Walter's finishing it up at the moment!

Mr Moorcock are you sure that Walt hasn't come a cropper/shuffled off his mortal coil/met an untimely demise? The poor fellow seems to be taking an awfully long time to complete issue # 3.Shouldn't you perhaps give Walt a phone call to make sure that he isn't lying on the floor in a diabetic coma or has been kidnapped by aliens?

But SERIOUSLY, Walt does seem to be taking an awfully long time.Is there something you want to tell us Mr M?Have you two had a falling out in the past 6 months?

Marco
                              Marco,

Where's the friendly enthusiam in your post?
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

As I recall, there was some question mark over whether DC would publish E:MOAS #3 as soon as it was ready or wait until Walt had finished up E:MOAS #4 as well and then publishing them 'together' so to speak. If they end up going for the latter option that we'll have an even longer wait for the second half of Mike & Walt's opus.

But that will be as nothing to the wait some of us have endured for part 4 of Mike's 'Between the Wars' tetralogy, so we should be grateful for small mercies. :)

Of course, if DC had wanted a comic they could churn out in a matter of weeks perhaps they should have contracted the services of Kenny Who*, rather than Walt Simonson. :D

*A 'no-prize' if you recognise the reference.
                                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Working...
                                X