Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric, Making of a Sorcerer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter's working on the last pages for No. 3 now. And they're superb. But I couldn't say if it would be out before WWS, which I think is scheduled for July. I'm hoping someone will send a couple of copies out to me!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
      I'm hoping someone will send a couple of copies out to me!
      I'll send ya a couple of copies if ya autograph one and send it back!

Hmmmm.... Might hafta try that one on Walter too...
      Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

First post on these forums, but long time fan.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'd just like to ask if after the 4 MoaS comics have been released, are then any plans to release them all together as a single graphic novel?

Also, does anybody know a shop selling MoaS # 1 & 2 that will ship overseas? I'd like to buy them, but the few shops here in HK that sell English language comics don't stock them.

Comment

I'm sure they will be collected at some point, the rest of them have been after all... I was thinking of waiting for that myself, but I'm too impatient and want to read them all NOW!!! :lol: *pokes Walt with a pointy stick and tells him to hurry up already* :D

As for MoaS 1 and 2, try contacting Jayde Design, email address to the left, and see if John Davey can help.

(I guess I need to sort an avatar or something out if I'm hanging 'round these parts for a while)

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth639
            First post on these forums, but long time fan.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'd just like to ask if after the 4 MoaS comics have been released, are then any plans to release them all together as a single graphic novel?

Also, does anybody know a shop selling MoaS # 1 & 2 that will ship overseas? I'd like to buy them, but the few shops here in HK that sell English language comics don't stock them.
            Ebay, baby, Ebay.

Jeff

Comment

Aye, there's eBay too... But I still can't hear the word without getting a sleazy cold shiver running through me... Must just be me... :lol:

Comment

Waiting waiting waiting.....

Walter's still working on Number 3 but it IS getting close to completion.
                Sorry I can't tell you more!

Think it's worth waiting for.

I have been waiting for interminable kalpas of time for this comic to appear.It had better be the best comic I ever saw or I'll send my minions over to tickle your collective feet with feathers while playing a Elton John's 'Candle In The Wind' over and over again! :twisted:

Comment

Re: Waiting waiting waiting.....

Originally posted by Kage_Hoshi_Bozu

I have been waiting for interminable kalpas of time for this comic to appear.It had better be the best comic I ever saw or I'll send my minions over to tickle your collective feet with feathers while playing a Elton John's 'Candle In The Wind' over and over again! :twisted:
                  Which version?
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

From what I've seen with the Multiverse of Michael Moorcock and Elric: The Making of a Sorceror, Walt Simonson does not disappoint. Period.
                    Yuki says, "Krimson used to be known as Kommando, but he rarely uses that name anymore. Sometimes he appears as Krimson Gray as well. Do not be confused, he still loves cats and bagels."

Comment

Walt's page design, layouts, compositions are always intriguing -- the top gun kid artist's today could learn a thing or two from him. Always dynamic, always interesting and a feast for the eyes, that's Walt Simonson's art. Especially his fantasy, science fiction work (some of his super-hero work leaves me a bit cold, but Walt was made for sf/f). His writing is just as good as his artwork, and if you haven't read his Thor run from Marvel comics, do yourself a favor and pick up the three trade papaerbacks available. Then check out the trade of his and Archie Goodwin's Manhunter series from DC -- young Walter showing off his page design genius. And Orion from DC, his homage to Jack "The King" Kirby's New Gods. Breathless.

Well worth the wait, for MOAS #3 and 4.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore

Which version?

You mean there are two versions of this hellish dirge?
                        It will have to be the necrophilic Lady Di's corpse loving version then!
                        I hope the Walt Simonson is in fine fettle and drawing excellent artwork and that uncle Mike is sunning himself in luscious Spain.Hail also to thee Berry.Lets hope that Elric: The Making of a Sorceror 3 sees the light of day soon! :)

Comment

You mean there are two versions of this hellish dirge?
                          'fraid so. The original version, published in 1973, was written in memory of Marylin Monroe, as evidenced by the first line, "Goodbye Norma Jean," which is a reference to Marylin's birthname. There is also the verse containing the line: "All the papers had to say was that Marilyn was found in the nude."

I always thought is was pretty lame that Elton simply altered a song he already wrote. What, Diana didn't warrant an original song? But Marylin Monroe did? Tacky.

Back on topic, I'm still patiently waiting for the third issue of Making of a Sorceror. I'm using the word 'patiently' very lightly. I actually lack any sort of patience. Where's my bloody comic!? :twisted:
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
                            I always thought is was pretty lame that Elton simply altered a song he already wrote. What, Diana didn't warrant an original song? But Marylin Monroe did? Tacky.
                            I agree, but for the opposite reason. I thought it was sad that Norma Jean had this song written about her, then it was taken away and dedicated to someone else. Rather like asking for a Valentines back, so you can cross the name out and give it to another girl...
                            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Don't forget the third version Elton recorded as a tribute to Mother Theresa.

Now what was it called?

I remember:

'Sandals in the Bin' :twisted:

Sorry, folks, it's all old jokes today....
                              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Vile necromancy! A plague upon the minstrel of monotone and his corpse celebrating noises!

Back on topic, I'm still patiently waiting for the third issue of Making of a Sorceror. I'm using the word 'patiently' very lightly. I actually lack any sort of patience. Where's my bloody comic!? :twisted:[/quote]

Hey guys does anyone know just when E:TMOAS part3 will actually appear? Did we dream the first two issues into existence before we woke to find the third part lost in the limbo of the land of Nod?

Scorp.

Comment

Working...
                                X