Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

White Wolf's Son -- June 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wolf's Son -- June 2005?

Hi Mike.

In the new Books in Print, I saw that White Wolf's Son is due out in June 2005. Any firm date on this (without having to read through a zillion new posts since I was last here -- my bad). I think everyone is so looking forward to this, especially since it "wraps everything up."

BTW, love the dense interview with Walt.

I forgot my previous ID when I upgraded my computer, so I created a new one. It's actually my nickname at work ;)

best,

Can't wait! I have preordered mine on Amazon!

Comment

So after this there will never be any trips to the Moonbeam roads EVER again? Not by anybody?

Comment

Not saying about the moonbeam roads. I would guess I'll still be writing Seaton Begg stories and maybe stuff in reference to The War Amongst the Angels. It's heroic fantasy I'm talking about retiring from! Even then, I might still be doing scenarios for comics or movies.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          Not saying about the moonbeam roads. I would guess I'll still be writing Seaton Begg stories and maybe stuff in reference to The War Amongst the Angels. It's heroic fantasy I'm talking about retiring from! Even then, I might still be doing scenarios for comics or movies.
          Good news. It's been a couple of years since the last one, and I'm so looking forward to this (but not the end of your heroic fantasy).

Any chance of Mon. Zenith books, or will he be in the Seaton Begg books?

I posted this in the dense interview spot with Walt: Rumor has it that you've written a magic universe bible for DC comics to straighten out their universe, and they seem to be pleased with the sales for the latest mini-series, so is there a chance you might do anything in their Universe? Like a New Gods original graphic novel with Walt? Or Hawkman? or Captain Marvel? You and Walt work so well together it would be great to see more collaborations together. Or Craig Russell (who's doing a new Conan mini-series for Dark Horse). Comics would be a great way to "retire."

I'll make certain my store has many copies. And if you happen to be travelling through Little after it's out, feel free to stop on in a sign a few.

Best,

Comment

Not sure about doing any of the other characters, but I wouldn't mind doing a Captain Marvel. I'm hoping DC will let me do a Cap now that I've done the magic rationale. It would work in a non-supernatural universe, I think. But it's up to them. I'd hoped to do a Cpt M and Superman cross-over, but I think someone's already doing that. I have
            considered doing a Monsieur Zenith novel, maybe for Savoy. But I have enough on for the moment -- the Peake memoir, the Captain Crackers Peake book, Pete's Rules and a few minor projects, including a couple of short stories. So I probably won't be thinking of anything new for a year or so yet.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
            The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
            Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
            The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
            Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

As long as you dont drop off the face of the earth completely, and i get to read something new by you every so often, ill be a happy camper. Thanks for clearing that up Mike.

Comment

Yeah there was a Captain Marvel/Superman comic back in the '70s sometime. Probably more than one over time. Isn't it true that D.C. sued the original makers of Captain Marvel for supposedly ripping off Superman and thereby got the rights to the character?

Back to the White Wolf's Son, did you get to your publishers in time to get the Jericho dedication in?
                My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this new book! I haven't preordered it but when it comes out I'll definetly buy it

Comment

[quote]
                    Originally posted by Dead-Air
                    Yeah there was a Captain Marvel/Superman comic back in the '70s sometime. Probably more than one over time. Isn't it true that D.C. sued the original makers of Captain Marvel for supposedly ripping off Superman and thereby got the rights to the character?
                    Half true. DC sued the publishers of Captain Marvel (Fawcett) way back, possibly starting in the 1940s (the case dragged on until 1953 when Fawcett finally caved in) but they didn't acquire the rights to publish Captain Marvel til 1973.

Source: my failing memeory augmented by Les Daniels' book DC Comics: 60 Years of the World's Favorite Comic Book Heroes.

There’s a fun coda to that story. When Fawcett stopped supplying Captain Marvel stories for his lucrative British reprints, L Miller started publishing new stories of Marvelman, a thinly disguised Captain Marvel rip-off. Amazingly he was very successful for quite a while.

Marvelman comics not only gave a boost to the fledgling career of Don Lawrence (Trigan Empire, Moorcock collaborator on Lion Annual stories etc.) but also inspired Alan Moore’s revisionist take on Marvelman in Warrior (1982).

Without Moore’s Marvelman (or Miracleman as its US incarnation was called) we almost certainly wouldn’t have had his Swamp Thing or Watchmen, or many of the great comics which followed them; Sandman, say, or Moore’s own ABC Comics – e.g Tom Strong! Even MM’s Multiverse and Elric: Making of a Sorcerer probably wouldn’t have come about, since Swamp Thing and Watchmen helped boost DC’s fortunes and cement their turn towards more Mature Readership titles.

Coda 2: the legal / ownership disputes around Marvelman / Miracleman have become complex enough to make the DC / Fawcett suit look like a parking ticket summons! But that’s another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                      Not sure about doing any of the other characters, but I wouldn't mind doing a Captain Marvel. I'm hoping DC will let me do a Cap now that I've done the magic rationale. It would work in a non-supernatural universe, I think. But it's up to them. I'd hoped to do a Cpt M and Superman cross-over, but I think someone's already doing that. I have
                      considered doing a Monsieur Zenith novel, maybe for Savoy. But I have enough on for the moment -- the Peake memoir, the Captain Crackers Peake book, Pete's Rules and a few minor projects, including a couple of short stories. So I probably won't be thinking of anything new for a year or so yet.
                      Yep, due out soon, written by Judd Winick (Superman/Captain Marvel/Eclipso), and then there's another Captain marvel mini-series by writer/artist Scott Morse which hasn't been scheduled yet, just announced. Grant Morrison was rumored to be doing a Captain Marvel, Jr. story, but is quite busy now with The huge Seven Soldiers event. I guess Captain Marvel, Jr. and Mary Marvel are readily available for a pitch ;)

Would love to see that NEW GODS OGN by you and Walt (or just Walt, if need be), though. A dream project.

Perhaps a round robin mini-series between you and Alan Moore in the ABC line... now wouldn't that just kick all arse!

A guy can dream, can't he?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X