Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric books not re-edited in France ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks. I'll be in touch.
    I've written to my editor at Pocket but unfortunately she is away from her office for a month or so. I hope she'll be able to let me have a schedule when she gets back. I fairly recently signed a new contract to republish the books, so I know they are due to be republished. Not sure when yet!

Leave a comment:

• ColwinLyber
    replied
    A little more precision : I've met again my bookseller friend today who showed me, consulting his professional bookstores supplying sites, that even if the Presses Pocket site said the contrary, five books from Elric, and some others from other series (Erekosأ«) were indeed EXHAUSTED. By no means he can provide them to readers since... april 2004 (ten months...) 8O

Then if you would tell me how type of flat you're looking for in Paris, I have a close friend there who could tell me if he find something interesting who would escape you while making your search from afar... You gave me your mail some months ago for an answer concerning a study I intended to write on SF (unhappily, the project is on hold), so I can send you interesting advertisements !

My family is originating from Arles, and Crau... That's why I've always got a "weakness" for Hawkmoon and Count Brass !

Don't JL Fromental appear in Dreamthief's daughter too ? Isn't he really journalist ?
    I've barely begun King Of The City, but I'm in progress !

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Thanks for that. I've asked my editor if she knows when the book will be reprinted.
    Both Linda and I are looking forward to travelling in France again. It has been a long time since I have been in the South (close to thirty years!).

We plan to be living in Paris for at least three months this year and to spend even longer in Paris every year from next year.
    We're currently trying to find a flat to rent in Paris in the 13th or 14th (say around Gobelins) so if you hear of one -- let us know! The problem with short term apartment rentals is that they tend to be in fashionable tourist areas and we want to take an apartment near to where we hope to buy. France has always been a great source of inspiration. I hope you enjoy the French episodes in King of the City! My old friend Jean-Luc Fromental is a major character, too, as a Liberation journalist.

Leave a comment:

• ColwinLyber
    replied
    Ooops ! forgot to log in for the previous post .... what an impoliteness not to introduce myself !!!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    After a check of the Pocket website, it appears that Sleeping Sorceress hasn't been reprinted (it wears the very old cover yet) ; all the others have ; to this day, they have re-issued Corum and the first volume of Hawkmoon with new covers and reprinted all the Elric books minus one. But my friend talked about a sort of stock problem ; it seems that editors search to "organize the shortage", maybe to empty their stock before reprinting. Thanks for your disponibility !

I have begun "London Bone" and "King Of The City". found them in Paris ; let me tell you that's great (a little difficult sometimes, my english is pretty bad, but I'm sticking at them !).

Last little question : I read you have really travelled in Camargue; what do you found interesting there ? Evidently the source of Hawkmoon....:roll: Will you come back someday ?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Pocket -- my mass market publisher -- have recently begun to reissue the Elric books. I think they plan to do all the basic series (though L'Atalante do the newer titles). Might be worth checking their website to see what you think. If there are any discrepancies I can ask my editor there what she thinks and let you know what I discover! Let me know if you have any other questions once you've checked them out.

Leave a comment:

• ColwinLyber
    started a topic Elric books not re-edited in France ....

Elric books not re-edited in France ....

Hello Mike !

One of my friends, who is bookseller near Marseilles, asks himself one question : why your french editors for Elric (Presses Pocket) refuse to reprint some titles of these sagas, which are out of print for some years ??? Will Denoel and L'Atalante re-edit the Elric Saga ? It's a shame booksellers can't renew their stocks... Sleeping Sorceress, for example, can't be found... New young readers cannot find three or four titles, I think... :(

Thanks for your answer !
Working...
X