Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My 'Revange of the rose' Tattoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Anonymous

My 'Revange of the rose' Tattoo!

If you go to the following link you will find 4 photo's of my latest Tattoo!
    I've chosen to have Robert Gould's 'Revenge of the Rose' done as a leg piece...

Photos
    [broken link]

As you can see it's not finished yet. This is stage one, which took nearly
    two hours work on 15/01/05. with just the grey outline & shading to begin
    with.
    I will have to wait until this part heals until I can go back in a couple of
    weeks to put the arm & stormbringer around the back of my leg.
    It links up to a phoenix design rising from the ashes, so the whole
    Immortal/eternal theme continues. I will send you pictures of stage two once
    it is complete & then once that is healed then the colour will be added &
    finally highlights & shading.
    As I had said in my previous e-mail it is my desire & the aim of my
    tattooist (Thrax)
    "Devils Own tattoo Studio - Leicester UK"
    To get the whole piece finished for a tattoo convention in April. Be sure IF
    it does win any awards I will inform you!! *fingers crossed*

Is there anything else you would like to know? - Like Why??

Ayn xxx
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-22-2010, 08:12 AM.
  • MissDreamy
    Citizen of Tanelorn
    • Mar 2004

8O Blimey!!! That is beautiful! Astounding!!!

I would like a tattoo, one day. I'm just figuring out what I would like done myself, maybe something from me own portfolio of 'stuff'. Better hurry up though, before I start getting wrinkles. . . :D

Comment

• Danisty
      Denizen of Moo Uria
      • Jun 2004

That's a beautiful tattoo! The lines are very clean and I can see that the washed shading will look very nice when the redness fades. As it is, there is very little irritation...congratulations, it looks like you have a gentle tattoo artist. As a tattoo artist myself, it pleases me greatly that you mentioned the artist and shop. So many people don't give their tattoo artists credit and that's quite rude. Please keep us updated with new pictures!

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
        Site Host
        • Dec 2003

Linda and I wanted tattoos many years ago. We simply watched out for tattoos we liked and asked the name and address of the tattooist. This seems to me to be still the best thing to do.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• EverKing
          Eternal Companion
          • Jan 2004

Wow, that's beautiful!

I intend to get a tattoo sometime in the near future. A family crest that I designed for my brother. Of course, my dad and my other brother have both gotten it since, so I'm the last of the hold outs! *l*
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Athenys
            Autarch of Ulthwe
            • Oct 2004

I only use/do Henna tattoos myself, I can't commit to a permanent one . I like change, besides there are certain additives you can use to turn the designs black, red, orange or brown. Considering I favor tribal designs, like this version of the archetypical Solar Wheel: http://www.tribal-celtic-tattoo.com/...al-web/taa.jpg
            that media works quite well for me.

Comment

• Poetgrrl
              Defender of the Runestaff
              • Aug 2004

Wow! That's... devotion! The artwork is incredible, too.

I'm saving up for my next one: a compass rose on the calf. (but don't tell my husband...)

If any members are near Marlboro, New York, Tattoo Tony is highly recommended. Expen$ive, but worth it.

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
                Site Host
                • Dec 2003

When we visited our Moroccan friends part of the fun of the visit was a party lasting most of the day in which the women gave one another elaborate henna tattoos. Linda had her hands and feet regularly done with complex traditional designs which would last a very long time.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
                The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
                Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
                The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
                Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Hapimeses
                  Corsair of the Second Ether
                  • Jan 2005

My wife, Lindsay, is the same. Every year at the Edinburgh festival she gets elaborate Indian designs henna-tattooed onto her hands; then we typically go watch some festival show involving incredibly fit young men and women doing traditional Indian (and that word really covers a lot) dances.

Much fun is had by all.

H.
                  Hapimeses.com

Comment

• Alexa
                    Corsair of the Second Ether
                    • Mar 2004

That's beautiful!!
                    I'll be looking forward to your pics.
                    This summer I'll get a pair of wings on my back, but I'm still unsure if I'll make it permanent... there are some temporal works that look really good around in my city... what do you think?
                    Sweet moons!

Comment

Working...
                    X