Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Just a thought about elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought about elric

I am currently re-reading elric of melnibone and i rememberd elrics ring that sits on his hand, you know the one that changes shape by its self and everything. i was wondering if that ring is ever used in the series anywhere or even mentioned again. ( i have onlyrad stormbringer,fortress of the pearl, dreamthiefs daughter, elric of melnibone, and i am 1/4 way through skrayling tree) but i cant remember it anywhere else. do you guys know anything about it? maybe ijust dont remember. When i re-read that part i was thinking that is a pretty damn sweet ring and it has tobe tied in on somthing. please help me.!!! thanks a lot guys/gals

I'm sure I just answered this!!!

WHO STOLE MY POST???

It was you wasn't it, you dirtly theeeeevin' little...

Oh, wait...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

sorry if you just answered this, i've been on vacation and i havent been up to date with all the posts, where was that post located? Its really been bugging me lately about that ring:)

Comment

The Actorios Stone

Hey, what exactly is the Actorious stone? Garnet, ruby, bloodstone...etc?
        Maybe a replica of it as well as Stormbringer/Mournblade after the movie sells...hint, hint.

Love to see an MTV Elric cartoon series by the way.

Comment

Even better let's have Elric on MTV's Celebrity Death Match :lol: ...as for the Actorious stone, it's a magical jem so it has no RL equivalent. It would probably look like a Cherry Opal (a subtype of Fire Opal):

http://www.opalopal.com/september201...ochonfourc.jpg

I couldn't find a pic of a red one but you get the idea.

Comment

The thread about the comic

Sorry I can't find the thread about the comic so I'll start here. Walt Simonson was a good choice. His Thor interpretation was great. But it's too bad Arthur Adams couldn't do it. He's the great god of comics I my eyes ever since he drew New Mutants in Asgard. But Moorcock and Simonson is a good match. But where's Louis? And who would YOU guys/gals choose?

Comment

Walter and I are an old team. I really enjoy working with him and this project was originally conceived as something we would do together, just as The Swords of Heaven, The Flowers of Hell was conceived as a project between Howard Chaykin and myself. By and large I have generally worked with a 'sympathetic' artist (Don Lawrence, for instance, in the 1960s) whose work I've admired. It helps if you feel you're on the same wavelength as the artist.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Re: The thread about the comic

Originally posted by Roland
                Sorry I can't find the thread about the comic so I'll start here. Walt Simonson was a good choice. His Thor interpretation was great. But it's too bad Arthur Adams couldn't do it. He's the great god of comics I my eyes ever since he drew New Mutants in Asgard. But Moorcock and Simonson is a good match. But where's Louis? And who would YOU guys/gals choose?
                My first choice would be Dave McKean followed by Kent Williams and maybe George Pratt.
                Art Adams is good too.

Comment

Working...
                X