Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Just a thought about elric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought about elric

I am currently re-reading elric of melnibone and i rememberd elrics ring that sits on his hand, you know the one that changes shape by its self and everything. i was wondering if that ring is ever used in the series anywhere or even mentioned again. ( i have onlyrad stormbringer,fortress of the pearl, dreamthiefs daughter, elric of melnibone, and i am 1/4 way through skrayling tree) but i cant remember it anywhere else. do you guys know anything about it? maybe ijust dont remember. When i re-read that part i was thinking that is a pretty damn sweet ring and it has tobe tied in on somthing. please help me.!!! thanks a lot guys/gals

The Actorios Ring?

If I remember correctly... Revenge of the Rose???

I'll not mention how or why to avoid spoiling the story, but I do believe it's in there somewhere... I might have to re-read it just to make sure. Any excuse, eh?

It's in one of them anyway, somewhere... I'm sure of it.

Just keep reading, you'll come across it sooner or later.

Comment

It's at least mentioned in most of the books at one point isn't it?
      Any time Elric uses sorcery the Actorios is invoked to augment his power.
      The ring is pivotal in the sleeping sorceress/vanishing tower and I remember him using it quite early on in the Fortress of the pearl. These are the first two that spring to mind anyway.
      Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Comment

Yeah - the Actorios is key to Elric's sorcery, since it's the sign of the debts owed to his family by various demons and elementals.

It's mentioned in connexion with one of the other ECs too - just can't remember which (as well as being one of the 'eternal items' - like Stormbringer and the Runestaff).
        Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Thanks a lot for you help guys. I do remember it being in fortress of the pearl now that you mention it. I just though that it was a kick ass ring and i knew it HAD to be mentioned in other places. MM is a genius when it comes to things like this.

Comment

Thanks a lot for you help guys. I do remember it being in fortress of the pearl now that you mention it. I just though that it was a kick ass ring and i knew it HAD to be mentioned in other places. MM is a genius when it comes to things like this.

Comment

Comment

I was gonna say Fortress first, I knew it was one of the two I was thinking of, but when you said you'd read it I figured I was wrong... :?

Meh, s'all good... :D

Comment

Aha... The Actorios also plays a pivotal role in the current The Making of a Sorceror (M. Moorcock and W. Simonson).

Comment

Thanks guys, for some reason when i post it double or tripple posts, i wonder why....

Comment

Echoes?

Ripples in the fabric of Space-Time-Thought distorting that which we so ignorantly term reality?

The effects of popular threads 'pon the inner workings of the forum?

Who can know? One of life's many mysteries... :roll:

:lol:

Comment

An Actorios Stone turns up in Dragon in the Sword as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X