Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Stormbringer's Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormbringer's Song

This has been quite annoying! (since I constantly preach to my students about imagery)
    In your 'mind's ear' what does Stormbringer sound like??

Anyone?................Anyone?...Bueller?

A bit like a sinister version of Tibetan singing bowls?
    \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Listen to the End of Blue Oyster Cults "Black Blade". Thats what he sounds like in my head.

Comment

It sounds a little assian in my head. Like half a scream and half a song.
        Sweet moons!

Comment

To me its one of those big evil orchestra songs with chanting over it. Like the song in "The Omen"

Comment

It could well be a good idea to get Aphex Twin involved in the movie, just to get the song right.
            I don't think I've ever heard music that disturbing anywhere else. :twisted:
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

A little scouser.

"Come on then..I'll take your soul yer bugger!"

:D

Comment

How about A little "Falco"?

Comment

I always think of Stormbringer as speaking with a metalic hiss...

Comment

Paul Williams! Paul Williams!!

I don't have the faintest clue which movie-related thread his name came up in, but I still say he'd make a great Stormbringer. I dare you to watch Phantom of the Paradise and disagree with me... actually I dare you to watch Phantom of the Paradise, full stop.
                    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Challenge accepted DeeCrowSeer!!!! :D

After I posted one of my students asked me if it sounded like the Sword of Omens from Thundercats.

Now I can't get that out of my head :lol:
                      "I....Elric Lord of the ???????? command you!!!"

Anyways, there's so many possibilities. I wonder if there's any way we could post sound clips.

Comment

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/...rminaburan.mid

Like this?

Comment

The voice

It has to sound like a voice you wished you'd never heard.
                          Like the Stuka bombers of world war 2...
                          That howl became the voice of terror.
                          Let;s not forget if you are standing close enough to hear Stormbringer,and you are not Elric,chances are you are not going to live long enough to think that much about it.
                          So from that point of view it has to be the voice of the end of all things,it's mere existance in the world,causing reality and life pain.
                          Don't even think about the screams it gives whilst drinking,just don't think about it....
                          Terentek.
                          :)

Comment

Anchient spirits of evil transform this decaying form into STROM THERMOND the EVERLIVING....

Sorry, I've always wanted an excuse to say that.
                            Originally posted by Straasha

After I posted one of my students asked me if it sounded like the Sword of Omens from Thundercats.

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider

No! Not like Carl Orff's 'O Fortuna'!

Comment

Working...
                              X