Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Question for Michael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Michael

Was the eight pointed star as a symbol for Chaos as presented in Wierd of the White Wolf your origional idea or did you lift it from folk lore :?:

CeeTee, you might want to check out the following threads while you await a reply from the man himself. He evidently created the symbol one day at his kitchen table...

[broken link]

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 03:46 AM.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
      In psychology that symbol has always been used as an example of how a multidirectional thinker thinks. Usually, these people are "smarter" than people that approach a problem from only one direction. Interesting.
      I agree. TheAlderian, can you point to some reference material online? I'd love to read more. I'm especially interested in seeing illustrations most of all.
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hey guys!

I was so bored that i posted the same question (contest) in another community. I posted it in the Black and Death metal fans thread.
        We'll see who posts the right answer.
        And well also see how many people might know.

Back to you shortly on this!

Peace out and have a nice weekend!
        /Theocrat

Comment

If it's a symbol of the way my brain works then it's an appropriate symbol for Chaos :lol:

Originally posted by TheAdlerian
          In psychology that symbol has always been used as an example of how a multidirectional thinker thinks. Usually, these people are "smarter" than people that approach a problem from only one direction. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
          X