Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Sort of a dumb question but anyway....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of a dumb question but anyway....

Hey there, new here. I am reading STORMBRINGER now, the first Elric novel I found, and the one I started with. I am almost in the end now, so I found out it is the last novel in the Elric saga!

Anyway, I would like to read the rest but I have got no clue as to which order I should follow, and which other Moorcock books are good for beginners? Any advice welcomed. Thanks!

DL assembled a really helpful listing. It's on a sticky in the Books forum--The Eternal Champion: A guide for Newbies. Also, the bibliography section is really helpful. You probably have a link on the left of your screen.

Enjoy them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
      DL assembled a really helpful listing. It's on a sticky in the Books forum--The Eternal Champion: A guide for Newbies. Also, the bibliography section is really helpful. You probably have a link on the left of your screen.

Enjoy them all!
      Thanks! Going there right now.

I noticed that the first Elric book is out of print at Amazon? Weird.

Comment

The original series is being held out of print at the advice of Michael's agent because there's a movie in the works and once it's out the demand should sky rocket.

It's really easy to find used copies of the original series though, I saw tons of them available at $1 each today at a book and magazine store I frequent in Portland. If you buy used online keep that in mind. If you're just looking to read rather than collect, there's always the library too. The two Eternal Champion volumes of collected books are a great way to go.

Here's an excellent list of the books in chronological order based on Elric's life (not the order in which Michael wrote them, that's quite different, in fact I believe Stormbringer really was the first he wrote!): http://homepage.mac.com/antallan/saga.html
        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Re: Sort of a dumb question but anyway....

Originally posted by Joaquim
          Hey there, new here. I am reading STORMBRINGER now, the first Elric novel I found, and the one I started with. I am almost in the end now, so I found out it is the last novel in the Elric saga!
          In a way, I don't think that's such a bad thing. I got a little annoyed reading through the books that people would keep hinting what Elric's destiny was, but never actually coming out and telling him. Now, I'm sure most readers enjoy being teased that way, and maybe it did keep me turning the pages to find out how it would "end", but I don't see why the story shouldn't work just as well now that you know for sure where Stormbringer will lead him.

Oh... and welcome to the forum!! :D

D...
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Working...
          X