Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate In Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate In Audio

Our company is currently recording the second of the original Elric stories "The Sailor On The Seas Of Fate" in AudioBooksPlus format.
    Jeffery West will again be the actor/reader.
    Michael Moorcock will also do a dramatic original reading as he did in the first production "Elric Of Melnibonأ©"
    The release date will be announced here as we get further into project.

At this moment we are also in the process of selecting the cover art. Again we would like to use either something different than has been used before, or something that has not been used in a long time.
    On that note, we are trying to get a look at the cover that was done by Amano for the UK release of "Sailor" ... if anyone has a scanned cover, or a link where we could view it, we would greatly appreciate it. Amano had done so many "Elrics" that they are no longer sure which is which, and a web search by us has not yielded any concrete results.

Thank you in advance,
    Fred
    Mercenary Sound Designer
    www.audiorealms.com

Dear Fred,

As far as I know, Yoshitaka Amano has never done an Elric cover for any U.K. edition whatsoever, 'Sailor...' or otherwise. (I know you & I've discussed this elsewhere; sorry if I misled you into thinking that.)

I could be wrong, but I thought his Elric artwork was unique to Japanese editions. His only U.K. covers were for some -- half, I think -- of the Orion omnibues, for which Bob Gould did the Elrics.

That doesn't mean the artwork you're after for isn't out there somewhere. I just don't want people to start looking for it in the wrong places...

Best,

John.

Comment

F.,

Oops... forgot to log in... that was me, John Davey, in the above message...

Seya,

J.

Comment

Ok John thanks ... I will quit routing around in my attic, on the net, under the car, the litter box.

Thanks for letting me know.
        Fred
        Mercenary Sound Designer
        www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Working...
        X