Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

So let me ask you this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    So, I'm all sitting here perusing the MWM boards when it hits me that it's well after five and the mail has certainly been delivered and I'm expecting something! McTalbayne and DL got their bookplates days ago... mine have got to be there today! Run outside. Open the mailbox.

YES!

So cool.

Thanks so much, Mike! You're the best.

Leave a comment:

• Typhoid_Mary
    replied
    Originally posted by McTalbayne
    Ok i think i figured the one out. Im pretty sure it says, "Your Pard", not "You fool". Hehe. 2 Left to go...
    :lol: That's really rather funny.

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    Ok i think i figured the one out. Im pretty sure it says, "Your Pard", not "You fool". Hehe. 2 Left to go...

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    I just received my Bookplates today! Thanks so much!! Please dont take this the wrong way, and in no way shape or form do i mean to insult your handwriting, but a couple of them i cant really make out what they say. It looks like one says "You fool", and the other "Bad Form". Is that right, or am i just illiterate? :oops: :?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• McTalbayne
    replied
    Eggggcellent, you can reach me at [email protected]

Id love to get a bookplate if you get a free moment. Id be more than happy to send a SASE.

Leave a comment:

• duggm
    replied
    [quote="Michael Moorcock"]Actually, I have a favourite. It's Elric.

I've wondered who was your favorite. I always thought it was whichever I was reading at the time... :oops:

So, how do you keep each personality straight? Even though they are all aspects of each other (and presumeably of you to some degree), they are quite distinct.

Leave a comment:

• Bob
    replied
    Joseph Kiss was remarkable. I just hope you stay away from trees, now I know who Kiss was based on

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Actually, I have a favourite. It's Elric. :D Maybe because he was my first series character, though I did the Eternal Champion original story before I did the Elric stories (though it wasn't published until about a year after Elric). He's my favourite fantasy character. Mrs Cornelius remains my favourite JC character. And I think Joseph Kiss remains my favourite 'litfic' character.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by duggm
    Not to argue, PWV, but how were you able to pick a favorite character from the EC's?
    Good question. We had a thread going about this a while back, though I can't seem to locate it now. I believe the final answer I came up with was because Elric was the first EC I read. I'm not sure that's purely the reason, but it's as good a reason as any I can recall.

Leave a comment:

• duggm
    replied
    And I can be reached, if you wish, at [email protected]. What a treat it would be to open my mail and find a message from you!

Not to argue, PWV, but how were you able to pick a favorite character from the EC's?

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    goodygoodygoodygoodygoody...

Okay, you can e-mail me at [email protected] (remove the capital letters).

This is as good a time as any for me to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, Mike, for everything you do! I have benefitted greatly from your stories as well as your regular insights here at MWM.

Thanks, especially, for Elric. IMHO, he is the greatest, most thought-provoking and entertaining fantasy character ever devised (with full acknowledgement to his Zenith origins).

Leave a comment:

• duggm
    replied
    How can anyone not like this guy? Your willingness to interact with your readers is endearing. I've only been reading your work for about a year now, but have built up quite a collection. Most of the EC cycle. One of my prize possitions is an autographed copy of The Quest for Tanelorn. It's nice to know that there is some hope to get other autographed items. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Usually, to save you the postage and to make sure the books don't get lost or damaged in the post, I will sign bookplates -- either plates you send or my own. All you have to do is let me have an email address and I'll contact you for your regular address (or A regular address, whatever...)
    I won't be able to do this until I get back to the Old Circle Squared (Texas) in about mid-November.

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Bless you, McTalbayne, for having the cojones to ask a question I have wanted to ask for a long time. :roll:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X