Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Question about "To Rescue Tanelorn..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about "To Rescue Tanelorn..."

I recently bought a copy of the first White Wolf omnibus (The Eternal Champion) and i must say i've loved all the incarnations of John Daker, and i'm currently on the last story, "To Rescue Tanelorn..." but i'm thinking there may be a mistake in it... it's right around when the story begins (where they're talking about the Grey Lords), one character (Brut) starts talking and then without a quotation mark at the end, and in mid sentence another Rackhir is talking... here it is-
    "I'm for seeking the Grey Lords' aid," Brut nodded. "What the rest of (on the next page) Rackhir said: "I know a seer - a hermit who lives in the Sighing Desert. Perhaps he can help?"

Normally i would just think they skipped a few pages, but the page numbers go how they should, and so i've come here to ask if it's correct... or if it's not could you please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. Very grateful to you. That story has been dogged by typos and bits dropped out of it since it was first published in Science Fantasy with the last paragraph missing! I didn't notice the first time, either...
    But I'll address the problem when we republish. Might be worth comparing the version in EC and that done in the original Elric series.
    Don't have time at the moment, since I'm currently dealing with typos etc. in the current book and am due to deliver it next week.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

The section should read:

"What of the rest of us?" There was general agreement, then silence when they realised that they knew of no means of contacting the mysterious and insouciant beings. At last Zas pointed this out.
      Rackhir said: "I know a seer....."

I presume you have the paperback edition, because the hardback is fine.
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl f'tagn"

Comment

Thanks for the swift replies and thanks for telling me how it should read :) . And Mr. Moorcock thanks for writing such a terrific series... i love the Eternal Champion (or at least what i've read so far... still reading them, and i'm sure i'll love the rest) and i look forward to reading The White Wolf's Son :D

Comment

Luckily I've only read a small portion of it...Corum, Hawkmoon and Elric and some of the Eternal Champion..

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
            Luckily I've only read a small portion of it...Corum, Hawkmoon and Elric and some of the Eternal Champion..
            Of course, I might think it UNlucky that you have only read a small portion of it :)

Comment

No kidding! I am unlucky at the moment that there is not more of it out there for me to read!!! Can't wait for the new Elric comic next week.

dlackey

Comment

No lucky, because there is plently left for me to read....
                It's a glass half empty/half fully kind of thing...

Originally posted by Doc
                Originally posted by Kitsune
                Of course, I might think it UNlucky that you have only read a small portion of it :)

Comment

Working...
                X