Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Gods of Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitsune
    replied
    Well since I see the character as being from a boader area where people are trying to carve out a life from the choas Granolous seems to be a good choice... plus he sounds like a cool character..
    Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Moorcock
    replied
    Well, there's Miggea, who went barmy, like several Lords and Ladies of the Higher Worlds. But a steadier chap might be Lord Sannofrix who is inclined to keep a low profile, but has some pretty impressive party tricks when he decides to use them. Elric has never encountered Sannofrix, to my knowledge, but his great-grandfather Sadric (not his father, but an earlier Sadric) had reason to feel resentful towards him,
    having been thwarted ina particularly complicated piece of sorcery.
    Then, of course, there's Granolous, who crossed from Chaos to Law and is still a bit mistrusted by the other Lords and Ladies, but his ability to create Order out of Chaos when he feels like it is second to none, even if he once used to create Chaos out of order. Sannofrix usually takes the form of a plump, middle-aged uvuncular type. Granolous, of course, is
    almost anorexically thin and very touchy.
    There are plenty of grumpy and unpleasant Lords and Ladies of Law, just as there are many charming, reasonable members of the opposition.
    A bit like real politics, I suppose.... :D

Leave a comment:

• Kitsune
    started a topic Gods of Law

Gods of Law

In the books I''ve read, we hear more about the gods of Chaos then of Law... I'm currently playing a paladin character in an RPG set in Elrics World 10 years before the first book. I was wondering if Michael or one of the other Forum readers could suggest a patron god or goddess for a paladin... Donblas is the only name that comes to mind at this point.
Working...
X