Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

White Wolf's Son Ends It All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael Moorcock
    Site Host
    • Dec 2003

White Wolf's Son Ends It All

Thought I'd just log the fact that I've finished the penultimate draft of The White Wolf's Son. That's the last Elric novel, the last EC novel and it even covers a moment in the war amongst the angels. Oh, it's the last Bastable novel, too. And the last Hawkmoon novel. And the last Von Bek novel. And -- this is ridiculous....
    Tomorrow I redo the Epilog and then I should have something fairly close to a finished book.
    And now to sit in the sun and sleep for a few days!
    If you don't hear from me, it's because I've thrown my computer away.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

• Whiskers
    flying cat
    • Nov 2003

Congratulations. Here is your multiversal bus pass. Print this page out as proof. It'll getcha where you need to go.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

• Michael Moorcock
      Site Host
      • Dec 2003

It seems only moments ago we were all celebrating my 60th...
      Well, of course, I only think it's finished. I'll be going over it again before it gets to the publisher. But it feels good, nonethless.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• ThomasL
        Now & Then
        • Dec 2003

It's almost like standing at the Edge of Time... :o

Comment

• Oona
          Nomad of the Time Streams
          • May 2004

And no more Oona novels ....?! :( :(

Oona

Comment

• Cypher
            Corsair of the Second Ether
            • Dec 2003

I am very pleased that you have finished it, bar the revisions. I expect it must be a great feeling when your character's stories are told, and your book is finished. :D
            I am eager to read this, the final installment ever, of The Eternal Champion. But I am also sad, as there will never be more...

Comment

Anonymous

So Michael,

Do you feel that this is a case of 'pity the warrior whose foes are all dead', or are you looking forward to a change of literary pace?

In either case - congratulations!

Comment

• Caliburn
                Wanderer of the Mittel March
                • Aug 2004

Sorry - the last message was from an unlogged on me.

Comment

• L'Etranger
                  Veteran Moorcockista
                  • Dec 2003

Re: White Wolf's Son Ends It All

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                  Thought I'd just log the fact that I've finished the penultimate draft of The White Wolf's Son. That's the last Elric novel, the last EC novel and it even covers a moment in the war amongst the angels. Oh, it's the last Bastable novel, too. And the last Hawkmoon novel. And the last Von Bek novel.
                  Difficult to read such an announcement without being very moved.
                  But be assured - there's much understanding, too!

Enjoy the sunny days as I will too.
                  L'Etranger
                  Google ergo sum

Comment

• Bob
                    Bob
                    Defender of the Runestaff
                    • Dec 2003

I feel somewhat saddened yet elated. I have no doubts that we are all in for a real treat. I hope you are as pleased with it as all of us will no doubt be!
                    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

• MissDreamy
                      Citizen of Tanelorn
                      • Mar 2004

All I can do is

And then read 'em all again!

Look forward to it!
                      :D
                      MD

Comment

Anonymous

Congratulations---WHITE WOLF'S SON,a book to savor.Read slowly fans,it's your last taste of greatness.

Comment

Anonymous

Does this mean that WWS goes beyond Quest for Tanelorn which I always thought was the final ending to all the eternal champion books?

Comment

Anonymous

Sounds great!!! Can't wait to read it. Maybe you can slip some of us long time Q+Aers a couple of ARCS???

hint hint

:lol:

dlackey

Comment

• PsychicWarVeteran
                              Flesh Bag of Mostly Water
                              • Mar 2004

Congrats!

Hrm, such mixed emotions about this.

But I'm with MissDreamy; just hafta read 'em again. You've given us so much to read over the years!

*sniffle* Sod it! I said I wasn't gonna cry...
                              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
                              X