Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric's black dragon armor (FanArt Critique?) Work in Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric's black dragon armor (FanArt Critique?) Work in Progress

My main question is: "What do you think?"

I am curious on your critique and any suggestions you may have.

I have been working this armor project for a long while, it fits a Ball-jointed doll, that I painted as Elric.
    The armor's design is based off of several Anime/Manga and video game references. The Torso parts are supposed to look like a dragon's face, with it's mouth open. The lower part of the armor is not yet finished so it is incomplete.

Stormbringer is currently in works, I have been thinking of way on how to make him a in-scale large dragon for him to ride.(As per to his demands)

I have a few in progress photos of the parts that are done.

(He's showing me that he's missing something very vital here.)
    -The Prayer of the Eternal Knight -
    In Service, I give what I have become. I am what I am.
    Eternal, Immortal, Universal, and Infinite.
    And so be it.

That's excellent! Beautiful work!
    forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
    2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
    3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

Looking very cool!!!
      Can't wait to see the finished product.
      "The world is such-and-such or so-and-so only because we tell ourselves that that is the way it is. If we stop telling ourselves that the world is so-and-so, the world will stop being so-and-so." - don Juan

Comment

Bravo!

Extra credit for making Stealer-Of-Souls-Barbie as well.

Comment

Originally posted by by_the_sword View Post
          Stealer-Of-Souls-Barbie
          Ken is in big trouble!
          Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinart der Fuchs View Post
            Stealer-Of-Souls-Barbie
            Ken is in big trouble!
            Calling Elric a common-mass produced "Barbie" is very close to blasphemy.

This doll is called a "Ball Jointed Doll" or some might know it as "Asian Balljointed doll"
            They are cast in polyurethane resin, a hard, dense plastic, and the parts strung together with a thick elastic.

Here is the Wiki-information on these types of dolls
            And so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by ElysionGear View Post
              Stealer-Of-Souls-Barbie
              Ken is in big trouble!

This doll is called a "Ball Jointed Doll" or some might know it as "Asian Balljointed doll"
              They are cast in polyurethane resin, a hard, dense plastic, and the parts strung together with a thick elastic.

I was highly impressed from your original post when you introduced us to your work. Great stuff! Hopefully you aren't offended.
              Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by ElysionGear View Post
                Stealer-Of-Souls-Barbie
                Ken is in big trouble!

I was highly impressed from your original post when you introduced us to your work. Great stuff! Hopefully you aren't offended.
                Thank you, no I'm not offended, I knew the barbie comment was made in jest. It was my knee-jerk reaction to anything relating to Barbie.

Not many people might not know what a BJD is So I included the wiki-link.

Yes big dolls are kinda creepy, and there is a sort of social stigma attached to collecting them, but I prefer to think of my Elric as my really big, expensive action figure. (he's got more then 15 points of articulation.)
                I really enjoy putting him together and I think that I'll work on more props for him in the future, I love my hobby.
                It's kinda wicked-cool to have him sitting in my room reading my books. he's the Centerpiece to my Eternal Champions book collection.

I've got Corum in the works but it will be awhile before I can unveil him
                And so be it.

Comment

Ball-jointed Doll, I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Please do not let my ignorance distract anyone from ElysionGear's masterful work.

Comment

Working...
                  X