Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric... and Conan? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanjis Liho
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
    I was asked to write an Elric meets Conan story by Roy Thomas, then also the editor, I think, of Conan. He'd always wanted to see Elric in US comics (he'd already appeared in Druillet's story first published in about 1965 in Moi Aussi, Paris) and in Jim Cawthorn's Stormbringer, done for Savoy Books. So this was a way to introduce him to comic readers, Roy thought.
    Mike, this was actually how I discovered your books, so for me at least it worked rather well. After reading the comics I stumbled across the Queen of the Swords and The Singing Citadel and never looked back.

Leave a comment:

• Kamelion
    replied
    Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
    Krzysiek, it might have taken three years(!), but I've created that Thrud album in the Parodies sub-album with covers and strips featuring the Elric parody (Eric of Bonémaloné and his magical sword Stoatbringer) for you.
    Thrud! Awesome! I used to collect White Dwarf religiously until it became GW-only.

David Langford did a very cool Eternal Champion parody in White Dwarf many years ago. I can't remember what issue it was in (I have it downstairs somewhere) and it probably wouldn't be legal to post it, even if I could remember which issue it was in. But fun parody all the same...

Edit: A bit of Google-fu reveals it was in White Dwarf #59, the Nov 1984 issue and was called "The Mad Gods' Omelette." Beware the Bane of the Black Leg!!
    Last edited by Kamelion; 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    Originally posted by Krzysiek View Post
    Originally posted by ReaveTheJust View Post
    An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian (...) Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....
    Can you dig for it? Right now I'm working on the Comics Gallery and it'd be great to include this Thrud story in the Parodies sub-album:
    http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/v/bookcovers/comiccovers/Parodies/
    Krzysiek, it might have taken three years(!), but I've created that Thrud album in the Parodies sub-album with covers and strips featuring the Elric parody (Eric of Bonémaloné and his magical sword Stoatbringer) for you.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HellHound
    replied
    Conan -vs- Gaynor

Savage Sword 189 pages 33 & 34
    are now up.

I expected a little more from Prince Gaynor.....
    he was probably just bored with the Hyborian plane.

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...overs/album10/
    Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM. Reason: Updated album link & added links to pages

Leave a comment:

• ReaveTheJust
    replied
    Krysiek

hi there

don't know if the link below will work, but it's definintely in the Thrud The Barbarian Graffik Novel Anthology (copies appear on ebay quite regularly). Very funny and well worth getting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Leave a comment:

• Krzysiek
    replied
    Originally posted by ReaveTheJust
    An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian. (...) Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....
    Can you dig for it? Right now I'm working on the Comics Gallery and it'd be great to include this Thrud story in the Parodies sub-album:
    http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...vers/Parodies/
    Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: Updated sub-album link

Leave a comment:

• PsychicWarVeteran
    replied
    Originally posted by Roivas_Susej
    Does anyone else have the Corum Comics that came out? I have 5 of them but i cant find the rest :(
    Well, this guy at eBay has The Chronicles of Corum issues 1-12 listed for $9.99 (Buy It Now for $20), but there is only a day left on the auction, so you'd have to hurry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

$7 for shipping, though, eesh. But if you really want them and can't find them anywhere else, it's an option.

And no, it's not my auction or an auction by anyone I know. I'm just always searching for Moorcock stuff on eBay and found this.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does anyone else have the Corum Comics that came out? I have 5 of them but i cant find the rest :(

Leave a comment:

• ReaveTheJust
    replied
    An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian (the Conan spoof by Carl Critchlow - very funny) in the White Dwarf mag in the 80's.

Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....

Leave a comment:

• DyvimTvarsBodyguard
    replied
    I'll post it when I recieve SSOC 189

It's easier to buy for $2.00 then to dig out.
    plus
    you can never have to many copies
    when gaynors present!

[image moved]
    Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-23-2010, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does anyone have a picture of Gaynor?

'Cause that would be of interest.

Leave a comment:

• GreatOldOne
    replied
    There seems some confusion between continents as to what constitutes "Savage Sword of Conan".

The US versions were B&W magazines with mostly new material. The UK versions were B&W reprints of the "Conan the Barbarian" comic.
    Hence Elric appearing in 15/16 of the UK editions.

Leave a comment:

• Krzysiek
    replied
    Originally posted by DyvimTvarsBodyguard
    I dont think Elric was in that issue
    He wasn't. But Gaynor was!

Leave a comment:

• DyvimTvarsBodyguard
    replied
    189 cool thanks
    ill have to go back and check.
    I dont think Elric was in that issue
    but
    have been known to be dissalussional.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3. The Savage Sword of Conan #189. A recap of Conan's dealings with Zukala, Gaynor, Terhali and Elric, although Elric is not mentioned directly. Very little to do with them really. This does contain another story about Conan and Gaynor the Damned, however uncharacteristic of Gaynor.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Caps...r/sources.html

Leave a comment:

• Krzysiek
    replied
    Originally posted by DyvimTvarsBodyguard
    Unfortunately,
    Elric never appeared in ''Savage Sword of Conan''
    (I know, cause I have every issue)
    You are probably right. But what about this one?

Issue 189 contains "Eye of the Storm" comic by Michael Higgins and Michael Docherty. It's a sequel to Conan/Elric story-arc, featuring Gaynor and other Moorcockian characters.
    Preview:
    http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bi...95699216%20189
    Last edited by The Cosmic Balance; 03-09-2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: Broken image link repaired

Leave a comment:

Working...
X