Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric... and Conan? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian (the Conan spoof by Carl Critchlow - very funny) in the White Dwarf mag in the 80's.

Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....

Comment

Does anyone else have the Corum Comics that came out? I have 5 of them but i cant find the rest :(

Comment

Originally posted by Roivas_Susej
        Does anyone else have the Corum Comics that came out? I have 5 of them but i cant find the rest :(
        Well, this guy at eBay has The Chronicles of Corum issues 1-12 listed for $9.99 (Buy It Now for $20), but there is only a day left on the auction, so you'd have to hurry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

$7 for shipping, though, eesh. But if you really want them and can't find them anywhere else, it's an option.

And no, it's not my auction or an auction by anyone I know. I'm just always searching for Moorcock stuff on eBay and found this.
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by ReaveTheJust
          An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian. (...) Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....
          Can you dig for it? Right now I'm working on the Comics Gallery and it'd be great to include this Thrud story in the Parodies sub-album:
          http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...vers/Parodies/
          Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: Updated sub-album link

Comment

Krysiek

hi there

don't know if the link below will work, but it's definintely in the Thrud The Barbarian Graffik Novel Anthology (copies appear on ebay quite regularly). Very funny and well worth getting

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Comment

Conan -vs- Gaynor

Savage Sword 189 pages 33 & 34
              are now up.

I expected a little more from Prince Gaynor.....
              he was probably just bored with the Hyborian plane.

http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/...overs/album10/
              Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:42 AM. Reason: Updated album link & added links to pages
              When it comes time to die
              Sing your death song
              and die like a warrior.

http://www.aliensurgeon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Krzysiek View Post
                Originally posted by ReaveTheJust View Post
                An Elric-like character met Thrud the Barbarian (...) Can't recall what happened, I have it at home somewhere.....
                Can you dig for it? Right now I'm working on the Comics Gallery and it'd be great to include this Thrud story in the Parodies sub-album:
                http://www.multiverse.org/imagehive/v/bookcovers/comiccovers/Parodies/
                Krzysiek, it might have taken three years(!), but I've created that Thrud album in the Parodies sub-album with covers and strips featuring the Elric parody (Eric of Bonémaloné and his magical sword Stoatbringer) for you.
                Last edited by David Mosley; 12-15-2007, 11:47 AM.
                _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley View Post
                  Krzysiek, it might have taken three years(!), but I've created that Thrud album in the Parodies sub-album with covers and strips featuring the Elric parody (Eric of Bonémaloné and his magical sword Stoatbringer) for you.
                  Thrud! Awesome! I used to collect White Dwarf religiously until it became GW-only.

David Langford did a very cool Eternal Champion parody in White Dwarf many years ago. I can't remember what issue it was in (I have it downstairs somewhere) and it probably wouldn't be legal to post it, even if I could remember which issue it was in. But fun parody all the same...

Edit: A bit of Google-fu reveals it was in White Dwarf #59, the Nov 1984 issue and was called "The Mad Gods' Omelette." Beware the Bane of the Black Leg!!
                  Last edited by Kamelion; 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM.
                  The name that can be named is not the true name.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                    I was asked to write an Elric meets Conan story by Roy Thomas, then also the editor, I think, of Conan. He'd always wanted to see Elric in US comics (he'd already appeared in Druillet's story first published in about 1965 in Moi Aussi, Paris) and in Jim Cawthorn's Stormbringer, done for Savoy Books. So this was a way to introduce him to comic readers, Roy thought.
                    Mike, this was actually how I discovered your books, so for me at least it worked rather well. After reading the comics I stumbled across the Queen of the Swords and The Singing Citadel and never looked back.

Comment

Working...
                    X