Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Is it me !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me !!

Is it me or is Elric - Revenge of the Rose' a boring read? I just can't get to grips with it. Someone somewhere enlighten me, help me, give me the strength to carry on..............

The new Elrics are much more philosophical in approach than the early ones, and therefore do tend to lose narrative drive. But if you think Revenge of the Rose is boring, avoid Fortress of the Pearl at all costs!
    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

I like 'Revenge' - certainly my favourite Elric written after the original sequence - the language is that much more dense and chewy, and of course it has The Rose and Weldrake featured, which is a plus point for me.

Comment

Re: Is it me !!

Originally posted by Everydayislikesunday
        Is it me or is Elric - Revenge of the Rose' a boring read? I just can't get to grips with it. Someone somewhere enlighten me, help me, give me the strength to carry on..............

Too much swordplay gets boring after a while. Which is why I like ROTR.Lots of interesting characters and a female warrior that kicks ass! If you think ROTR is boring you should read Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks. I was put in a coma by the overlong saga of a character that was from the start on the wrong side in a space war.

Comment

Working...
        X